Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 152530313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Hot Toys and other 1/6 scale figures!

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post
    Anybody selling or know of places selling Hot Toys figures? Looking to pick up some of the older Star Wars ones that aren't available anymore like Luke, Leia, Vader, Bobba Fett etc but don't want to pay way over the top.
    Older figs may be better off joining some local FB groups like "one sixth Australia" or "hot toys buy and sell Australia" as members there always selling and likely some at pricing that suits you

I recently got this guy from eBay using a discount code: RoboCop 1.0 from Threezero.

Are there any retailers in Australia that are known to be fast with getting new stock? I'm considering a 1/6 Alita, but I don't want to pay in advance for a figure that won't arrive until six months after release date...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Popcultcha aren't quick but you don't have to pay all before release as you can do $100 deposit and pay the rest when they get stock in.

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/alita-...on-figure.html

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Popcultcha aren't quick but you don't have to pay all before release as you can do $100 deposit and pay the rest when they get stock in.

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/alita-...on-figure.html
    Cool, thanks, I was seriously considering Popculcha, but if they take anywhere near the time that TLTC or Toybot take I think I'' order directly from Sideshow in the US.

Hot Toys are crazy hard to get reliably from Aussie based retailers. I’d go with the bigger companies like Popcultcha or Zing who have the better access to the distributors and are more likely to get it sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Cool, thanks, I was seriously considering Popculcha, but if they take anywhere near the time that TLTC or Toybot take I think I'' order directly from Sideshow in the US.
    Not sure where other retailers get their HTs from but believe Pop gets them from the local distributor. In terms of release times, Hong Kong gets stock first then followed by Sideshow then locally in Aus. If you would like it sooner then Sideshow is an option but it's quite pricey these days to buy from them given our dollar, the addition of GST and their expensive shipping. All in all, it's a nice looking fig

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    They're (really) slow but TLTC are 3 from 3 for me. Basically I just forgot about them and when they showed up it was a nice surprise
    Straight from Hong Kong would be the quickest but I personally can't recommend any seller.

Okay, I think I will throw in with Popculcha. From what I can gather Hot Toys aren't that reliable in regards to hitting their release dates anyway.

Gamblor, I just can't cope like that. After the whole Premium Collectables ordeal, I just get more and more anxious the longer an expensive order takes.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Is a shame that manufactures are getting away with list pre orders over six months ahead. I wished something could be done to put a hammer down on such releases.

Even companies like Bandai should not be listing items over six months ahead. I think is a cash grab and I know this is a hard thing to say but we could get into accidents and die without even seeing the toy. I for one feel customers are taken for a ride and in many ways being bullied. Is sad that sometimes the Fandom don't see the issue and ONLY care about ordering and securing a toy.