View Poll Results: How do you display your collection.

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • By year

1 2.17%
  • By line

20 43.48%
  • By year + line

2 4.35%
  • by character

1 2.17%
  • Another way (please specify)

11 23.91%
  • A combination of methods.

11 23.91%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you display your figures?

That's definitely something for you to try Gok. I don't think I really have enough to cover the full spectrum. I'm sure you could do it though! All it would take is maybe a month of full-time rearranging.

My way is: Whichever figures I'm interested in looking at & playing with right now are on my desk and nearby shelves. Everything else is in a couple of plastic tubs.

I've reorganised my collection a little, now it's as follows:
    Top shelf is my neo-G1(ish) collection - mostly Classics-verse mix of Hasbro & Takara - whichever deco I think is superior, with a few others mixed in, a couple of movie, TAV, and the occasional 3P that I feel fits in - i.e. Movie Lockdown as IDW Lockdown, TAV Roadblock as his mould fits in.

Below I've got a cube for Classics-verse "extras" - characters that are duplicated/replaced by those on the top shelf - i.e. Henkei Skyfire (replaced by Gen. Jetfire) and Gen. Kup (replaced by Hasbro Asia Excl. Kup)

Next cube along I've set aside for "other" continuities - This is where I'm going to stash my neo-Armada (Armada Megs/Starscream) and the neo-G2 collection I'm trying to build - trying to collect as many classics-verse G2 characters as possible

Third is my Prime/Movie-verse characters - put these together as they take up about the right amount of space to fill the cube.

Final cube is my WFC/FOC collection - mostly Takara versions, as my Hasbro versions have been put away to make room for the neo-G2 group.

Next to this shelving unit, I've got a table for my "Big Guys" - Metroplex, Green Giant, the three CW combiners so far, Hexatron and CW Prime/Cyclonus as I've got no where else for them atm.

By lines, or things that kinda belong together. With the exception of CHUG, that's broken up into 1984-85 for Autobots, then 86 plus new IDW and other Autobots, then Decepticons, then seekers on separate shelf, so 4 shelves total. After that I have Combiners from all series on an Auto shelf then Dec shelf. The rest is by toyline.

Newer stuff replaces older stuff, so once I have the denesity a line gets its own shelf, it there are lots of characters then they get split into Auto/Dec, so at the moment I've got an Autobot AoE Shelf and Galv/Lockdown are in storage. They might come off soon for Robots in Disguise stuff ... Need a more display shelves ... I've now got two massive tubs full of transformers and I'll need to get a third soon ...

I went with 'other'. I'm only just starting out with the whole 'display' thing after buying my first cabinet recently. Before they (the ones I've opened and played a bit with) were just out on a desk around the computer and then when we moved back they were on my clothes chest.

I've got 1 ikea detolf with metroplex standing on top, my 'big' MPs grimlock, YOTH prime and ultra magnus on the top shelf, the autobot car MPs on the next shelf with the trailer (and some supernatural phenomenon investigators at the moment) on the next, then my decepticons then autobot generations.

So it's kind of by size, line and faction all at once

it looks pretty full now, and i've got more waiting in boxes and tubs to go somewhere haha :/

Just changed around my collection. I now have an Optimus Shelf, a Bumblebee Shelf, a Megatron/Galvatron Shelf, a Starscream and Soundwave (+ minions), two Dinobot Shelves, 2 Other Autobot Shelves and 2 Other Decepticon Shelves, so I guess its changed to 'by character'?
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Mostly by faction and line

by line and numerbered MP1 2 3 4 5 6 - 24 etc

Every display is based on a scene which is most times fan fiction or self imagined, where other lines interact and mix and are made up totally new with no real concept of transformers law in general with any idea being plausible. With alternate universes and other dimensions any continuity is realistic and the reason for this is it is fiction, yes fiction, though I do like to follow basic rules I feel with ones imagination and true fan passion the hobby is more enjoyable when taking into consideration what toys look good together, scale well, character combinations, brand styles and many other factors such as themes and changing of characters names/bios to be used as authentically new bots as in the case with troop building and even more so when customizing.

Over the years I have changed to what I previously couldn't stand.
    Originally it was year to year and line with factions separated, but as I have evolved to now, it's a massive combination of what I am calling "It makes sense to me"
    I have character displays like Jetfire, OP and Megs, then I have a type display like all G1 gestalts, then I have Japanese exclusive display, then I have a minibot display and so on and so on and .....................
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)