Thread: Scorponok G1 Toy question

Default Scorponok G1 Toy question

Hi all,
    I`ve recently purchased 2 scorponok toys off of ebay in the last couple of months. One from europe and one from japan. Upon receiving my second scorponok, i`ve noticed some differences between the two. Mainly colours as the first from europe is much darker and has lighter grey parts at his connection to his tail and legs. where the one from japan is prety much what ive seen online. I`ve checked parts where the KO versions differ but these both seem genuine to me. (untrained eye)
    My question is, would they have changed certain colours for toys in certain regions? Any help or place to help investigate would be appreciated. Photos in link.
    https://goo.gl/photos/WktNzec8TU34fFBi8
    Got G1 Junkers or bits? Message me and maybe we can work something out.

I don't think it's a variant, but one is badly photo-degraded than the other. If you look at the one that's more scratched up, the shade of purple on the inside of the screw holes and wheel cavities are a more similar purple to the one on the unscratched toy. I think what's happened is that the maroon Scorponok was simply left next to an uncovered window and overexposed to sunlight.

I really hope that you didn't pay too much for that photo-degraded Scorponok.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't think it's a variant, but one is badly photo-degraded than the other. If you look at the one that's more scratched up, the shade of purple on the inside of the screw holes and wheel cavities are a more similar purple to the one on the unscratched toy. I think what's happened is that the maroon Scorponok was simply left next to an uncovered window and overexposed to sunlight.

I really hope that you didn't pay too much for that photo-degraded Scorponok.
    Thanks,
    to be honest i think i paid about $10 for it. the postage was the killer. and fun fact the normal coloured one i got for 1 cent with a bunch of other scorponok stuff the seller was auctioning. got prettymuch everything except lord zarak, the elevator and two double barrel guns for a steal. that was my lucky day.
    so do you think a hydrogen peroxide bath might help the colour situation? I was planning on pulling him apart to clean and fix a couple of things.

Quote Originally Posted by karmacows View Post
    so do you think a hydrogen peroxide bath might help the colour situation? I was planning on pulling him apart to clean and fix a couple of things.
    Here's the Hydrogen Peroxide thread. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Here's the Hydrogen Peroxide thread. Good luck.
    Thanks for the help.

Huh, just saw this thread, it looks like my input is not needed. Carry on.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)