Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: G1 Autobot and Decepticon naming and faction insignia's

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    I did find out one piece of humorous info about Bob through what I have read so far. When he was coming up with names for the Transformers, he put forward the name "Highbeams" which apparently was quietly rejected by the female Hasbro representative he was presenting to. When he asked why she had to advise him it was slang for particular parts of the female body.
    I guess making it singular was less offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Sure, Budiansky wrote some of the most memorable characters, but it was the advertising agency Griffin Bacal that gave us the brands: The Transformers, Autobots, Decepticons and insignias
    Thanks for the info Sinnertwin. I had read somewhere I think it was on Jim Shooters (Marvel's Editor-in-Chief at the time) Blog page (read so much lately I'm going cross-eyed ) http://www.jimshooter.com/ that Griffin Bacal were somehow involved with the Transformers but thought it was just with the process of getting the name out there. Jim claims that Hasbro came up with the name Transformers, Autobots and Decepticons as seen here http://www.jimshooter.com/2011/06/se...rs-part-1.html (very bottom of page). Which all makes sense now...

Hasbro employ Griffin Bacal to do something creative with this new awesome robot line/s they have nabbed the rights to ----> Griffin Bacal come up with the Idea of calling them Transformers and break them into different allegiances ---> Hasbro accepts their idea and goes to Marvel to come up with a back story and character names and bios

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Ha ha...yeah apparently Begs the question how the name Squeezeplay was ever approved

Nexus Maximus. I shall say no more

What about Powercore Combiner Spastic. That was a brain explosion by someone at Hasbro legal.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    What about Powercore Combiner Spastic. That was a brain explosion by someone at Hasbro legal.
    Wouldn't be the first time either. 2011's Voyager Strafe also had the word 'spastic' used in his bio

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/rts...0/strafe-4543/

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post

Ha ha...yeah apparently Begs the question how the name Squeezeplay was ever approved
    Squeeze play is also a baseball term which is the first thing I think about when hearing it.

like spastic, the American term for the word is not considered offensive compared to other places in the world, though spastic, I'm also surprised wasn't picked up.

I recall the outcry over the Black Eyed Peas song "Lets get Retarded in Here" not the public response they were perhaps looking for but oh such good publicity.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)