Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Hunter TV Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Season 3 Episode 11 was painful. On stop of explaining obvious things as if the viewers are aliens to planet Earth, it's become clear that they've bought a bunch of Lucky Draw toys, and have been planting them in people's houses. Wow, what a coincidence that they found the Green/White Power Ranger's Lucky Draw sword at some girl's house and then later bumped into the actor who played that very character at a convention and sold it to him. Plus some hilariously bad fakeness from Stan Lee.
    There is no true reality show anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    There is no true reality show anyway.
    King of the Nerds
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Now I see why the first episode was repeated yesterday afternoon instead of the last episode... they are replaying them weekdays at 6pm on channel 99.
    And it looks like they are following the same order as the first run, as today's was episode 7 (Chiller Time).
    So if you missed any, just check out my list on post #86 for the order and work out the day it should be on.
    thanks man

im struggling to follow the new episode order that we are getting....thx Go

That's the other thing I'm not too keen about with this guy... picking over the 100s or even 1000s of items people have obviously contacted him to come and buy from them, to only leave with a handful of the valuable items, leaving the rest for the collector to then sell on ebay or collectors fairs anyway (which would be where they would have got the bigger bucks on the items Jordan scavenged from them).
    It's like in that NYCC episode, he wants "head turner" items to get people into his booth, but those original collectors could be using those premium items to help sell the (bulk) rest of their collections that they now have to sell in other ways.
    he does mention for anyone who would like to have there toy on toy hunter to contact the show, so maybe alot of the cherry picked items are ones that people want to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    King of the Nerds
    I wish. I am so far from you guys.

That's the other thing I'm not too keen about with this guy... picking over the 100s or even 1000s of items people have obviously contacted him to come and buy from them, to only leave with a handful of the valuable items, leaving the rest for the collector to then sell on ebay or collectors fairs anyway (which would be where they would have got the bigger bucks on the items Jordan scavenged from them).
    It's like in that NYCC episode, he wants "head turner" items to get people into his booth, but those original collectors could be using those premium items to help sell the (bulk) rest of their collections that they now have to sell in other ways.
    If they're actually looking at selling large portions of their collections, then they're idiots for letting him take just those 1 or 2 things. For some people it's probably more about being on tv for 5minutes anyway.

They should, as you said, take it all to a fair and sell it themselves.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Going to a fair and selling will require effort and a bit of risk. This way they make money for doing next to nothing and getting their 5 minutes of fame to boot. Getting all those calls from people pretty much means he picks what he wants from them, I suspect. A collector like him isn't going to buy bulk small scale items that don't sell big- think there's an understanding of this before he goes in.

Now I see why the first episode was repeated yesterday afternoon instead of the last episode... they are replaying them weekdays at 6pm on channel 99.
    And it looks like they are following the same order as the first run, as today's was episode 7 (Chiller Time).
    So if you missed any, just check out my list on post #86 for the order and work out the day it should be on.
    Strange, but they stopped replaying them weekdays after that first week. I was wanting to make sure I didn't miss any of them.

Strange, but they stopped replaying them weekdays after that first week. I was wanting to make sure I didn't miss any of them.
    Yeah I was wanting to catch up too. It's very frustrating

It's all on youtube.