Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sub-deluxe figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    I guess I think that the bigger the figure, the more complex the transformatin out to be.
    Personally, if Hasbro had thickened the limbs and added elbow and knee joints, possibly a waist swivel I'd be all over them.

Definitely not a fan of this up-scaling business. Perhaps Hasbro feels the current toys are getting too complex and need to dumb it down a bit so future figures will feel like an improvement. Much like when auto manufacturers make the base model of a car look purposely terrible so they'll sell more of the expensive variant.

But on topic: A couple of favourites of mine have been RtS Windcharger and DoTM Guzzle

I feel like the Sub-Deluxe line has dropped off a lot in recent years. They're poorer versions of Deluxe/Voyager characters. I haven't bought one in years.

Prior to that though, I was a big fan and like you would have said the Scout Class size provided a lot of playability and value. Movie lines come to mind the most. Often larger size classes were too complicated or flawed but the nifty Sub Deluxe class had something to offer.

Notable mentions:
    - ROTF Breacher (absolute awesome, a MUST have)
    - DOTM HA Half-Track/Sandstorm (Half-track has better colours imo)
    - ROTF Skystalker
    - TFM Toaster... can't remember his name.
    - Movie Beachcomber
    - BWs Nightglider
    - Hasbro Legend Wheelie
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection