Thread: Lucky Draw Competitions for Australia

Default Lucky Draw Competitions for Australia

Does anyone know if there are any online competitions or any Australian Lucky Draw Comps for TF toys that we can enter?

Does the lucky draw competitions still even exist? I found the TF lucky draw website but their doesnt seem to be much info after Dec 2011-Feb 2012.
    From what I've read on this its in some Japanese magazines and some toy conventions.

I think to have a transformer thats of very limited quantity and numbered other than a statue is something that everyone would appreciate in their collection no matter the value.

America and Japan gets all the good stuff while Australia continues to get screwed over with variety of TF toys!! I hope Tony Abbot gets that free trade agreement with Japan hopefully that will get us more TF Toys as well!

IIRC the last one was during Dark of the Moon -- grand prize was a trip to Universal Studios, but there were daily prize packs to be won. I (and some other members here) won the prize pack, which was an assortment of Transformers merchandise, DVD and action figures. I also saw a gold chrome Leader Class TF1 Optimus Prime at the Sydney IMAX premiere of ROTF, but I don't remember if that was a lucky draw prize or just for display.

But generally Australian competition prizes are just regular toys and merch that's available in stores. I also once won a G1 Battletrap from a Sun Herald Transformers art competition, although that was meant to be based on merit not random draw. With the possible exception of that gold chrome Optimus Prime, I'm not aware of any official exclusive toys that have ever been offered up as competition prizes in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by speros View Post
    I think to have a transformer thats of very limited quantity and numbered other than a statue is something that everyone would appreciate in their collection no matter the value.
    It's just an awesome souvenir of being lucky! I won a chrome G1 Bluestreak as a lucky draw prize... the toy itself is just G1 Bluestreak but entirely covered in silver chrome. It's not a toy that particularly interests me; it's not something I play with... but I do enjoy keeping it simply as a memento of the one time that my name was randomly drawn after I'd pre-ordered G1 Megaplex via eHobby. It's a novelty.

yeah it would be nice if they did more in Australia hopefully they do something for Australia for the next release of TF4 movie or the next TF game. If we put something to Hasbro what do you think the chances of something like that happening?

Dude, right now I'd be happy if Hasbro just released more REGULAR stock, like Thrilling 30 Generations! I couldn't care less about having Australian lucky draw exclusive toys!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Dude, right now I'd be happy if Hasbro just released more REGULAR stock, like Thrilling 30 Generations! I couldn't care less about having Australian lucky draw exclusive toys!
    That, right there is what everyone is thinking

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    That, right there is what everyone is thinking
    Too bloody right!

Quote Originally Posted by speros View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any online competitions or any Australian Lucky Draw Comps for TF toys that we can enter?

Does the lucky draw competitions still even exist? I found the TF lucky draw website but their doesnt seem to be much info after Dec 2011-Feb 2012.
    From what I've read on this its in some Japanese magazines and some toy conventions.

America and Japan gets all the good stuff while Australia continues to get screwed over with variety of TF toys!! I hope Tony Abbot gets that free trade agreement with Japan hopefully that will get us more TF Toys as well!
    The only "Lucky Draw type of Transformers Toy" competition Australia ever had was for a gold Leader Class Optimus, in Myer, for the second Transformers Movie.
    No idea who won it, as I don't recall anyone here posting to say that they won.
    Japan certainly has had a lot of Lucky Draw toys over the years, but it is getting to a saturation point now with so many out there, that they just don't seem as appealing any more. A bit like BotCon toys - they use to be prized for being "BotCon", but now people just chase after the ones that appeal to them.

As Goktimus mentioned, we've had a competitions in Australia for other things (there were actually a lot more than just that Universal one during the third movie), but the Myer gold Optimus looks to be the only Lucky Draw type of toy we've ever had here.

(BTW, a free trade agreement with Japan won't see a change in the Transformers status here, as TakaraTomy's Transformers are only allowed in Hasbro jurisdictions when Hasbro orders them and distributes them. Hasbro owns the "Transformers" brand in countries like ours, so other companies would not be allowed to sell products under that name, even if they own the brand in another country.)

(BTW, a free trade agreement with Japan won't see a change in the Transformers status here, as TakaraTomy's Transformers are only allowed in Hasbro jurisdictions when Hasbro orders them and distributes them. Hasbro owns the "Transformers" brand in countries like ours, so other companies would not be allowed to sell products under that name, even if they own the brand in another country.)
    I know it's a bit unrelated, but does that mean Harmony Gold can't do anything about Japanese products coming in? Wish that's the case but I suspect Australia is still under HG's jurisdiction?