Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Transformer Trev's articles and reviews

I'd like to thank all the Ozformer members who have followed along with my blog over the past 12 months. The Transformer content of my site has proven far more popular than anything else and my review of TR Soundwave has actually become number one on the Google search engine for that toy!

So just a big thank you to all of you who have read and a big thank you to Griffin for letting me post here, it's very much appreciated and I always get a bit of traffic from this site.

So here are the most popular Transformer posts of different catagories from the last 12 months. I hope for those that never read them you enjoy them and for those that did you might enjoy reading them again. And if you have any Transformer related stuff you would like to see featured on my site please shout out, I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Thank you all

Most Popular Toy Review: Titans Return Soundwave

Most Popular Collection Review: Jordan's (Reflectors) Gigantic Stash!

Most Popular Gallery: Multiverse Grapple

Most Popular Transformatorium Post: Wrist-Rest Mouse Pads

Excerpt from blog: Being a dedicated JJJ listener I didn’t listen to Fox FM back when I lived in Melbourne. But my girlfriend (now wife) did and on their morning show in 2006 they had a competition called Fan-Tastic! Essentially you sent in an email discussing what you were a rabid fan of and if you sounded interesting you would get a follow-up call. If that went well they would ring you one morning for a short interview about your obsession then ask you 3 questions on the subject. Each time you answered correctly and the money went up with the option to take the money at any time – the max you could win was $500.

Well at my girlfriends suggestion I did indeed email them discussing my love of The Transformers. I received the follow up call – not knowing that I was not on air I tried to be as amusing as possible. This got me on air the following week and… well, best you watch the video and listen for yourself what happened eh!

Watch: Video: Trev wins $500 answering TF questions HERE!

TWO NEW TF BLOG POSTS!

Blog 1 Excerpt: The Robots in Disguise(15) toyline continues, despite being wound down somewhat to accommodate shelf space in shops for the upcoming TF5 toys. Today we will be looking at the latest wave which oddly does not involve semi-creature modes in any form. No, this wave consists of new versions of much loved (in two cases anyway) classic characters. Despite being part of the Combiner Force subline these figures do not combine, but rather try to seduce you with a mixture of new alt-modes and nostalgia. So let’s take a look at the Warrior-class Robots in Disguise: Combiner Force Blurr, Windblade and Soundwave.

Read Toys Review - Combiner Force Blurr, Windblade & Soundwave HERE

Blog 2: Multiverse Gallery of Blurr

See the full Multiverse Blurr Gallery HERE

Default Transformatorium

Excerpt from blog: Packing and moving. Truly a terrible job. Having to pack up the entire contents of a house and get them to a secondary desitnation safely is time consuming, back breaking and frankly boring. But you can add to that list a hefty amount of stress if you have something like an expensive collection you have to move.

Curretnly my collection consists of about 2000 figures and 1000 misc items so probably about 3000 pieces all up. Moving all this is very daunting. Not only the sheer scope of packing it all in the first place, but packing it all in such a way that nothing will get lost or broken. In this two part blog I will be sharing my tips for how to move your collection in such a way that it stays safe. And thus we will start with Part 1: Packing.

Read Moving your Transformers collection - Part 1: Sorting and Packing HERE

Sorting instructions alphabetically huh? Never though to do it that way but there's a certain logic to it over the "by series" order to track a particular one down. Might give that a go.

This is how I normally store some of my documents:
    * I keep my instructions and catalogues sorted by series and faction in accordion/expansion document cases.
    * I keep my comics in cardboard magazine holders, also displayed in order.
    * I keep my accessories in a roller toolbox - although admittedly those are my excess accessories which aren't held by my toys. Moving made me appreciate just how many more accessories I actually have which are held by my toys, but I had to remove them one by one to minimise risk of say weapon handles/pegs snapping off if they're left in fists. I placed them in zip-lock sandwich bags which I chucked into the same boxes as the figures that were packed in there.

But this is pretty much how I normally store my instructions, catalogues, comics/books and excess accessories anyway, even when I'm not moving. So when it came to at least moving these things it was a matter of just carrying these things - I didn't need to pack them. And having this stuff sorted just makes it easier when you want to find it.
    e.g. When I wanted to take comparison pics between MP5 and MP36 I had to retrieve my MP5 instructions (as MP5 is a toy that I absolutely loathe transforming ). This was easy for me as all I had to do was open the relevant expansion case to the MP Decepticon section and there it was.

Default Toy Review

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Sorting instructions alphabetically huh? Never though to do it that way but there's a certain logic to it over the "by series" order to track a particular one down. Might give that a go.
    Yeah my missus is a smart cookie

Excerpt from Blog: Dirge, oh Dirge. Nobody loves you but me.

Dirge was my very first ever Transformer figure over 30 years ago and as such he holds a special place in my heart. For others not so much, arguably the least popular Conehead. He only ever used his special power of fear-inducement once (as far as I can remember) to freak out Silverbolt in a Marvel Comic and he even committed suicide when getting eaten by The Swarm in the G2 Comics. In IDW he has done a bit better for himself, even becoming a central character to a plot line that extended for some time. But whether you like Dirge or not, here he is – perhaps the last outing for the Masterpiece Seeker mold. He comes with a very hefty price tag – let s see if he is worth it.

Read Toy Review - MP 11-ND Dirge HERE

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Dirge was my very first ever Transformer figure over 30 years ago and as such he holds a special place in my heart.
    Dirge was my first too. I've had many after that but you always remember your first with fond memories.

Default Movie Review

Excerpt from blog: Here we are – the fifth installment of the live-action Transformers movie franchise.

These movies have caused a lot of debate over the years. Many of the critics and your more traditional Transformer fans have hated them – citing such things as poor plots, juvenile jokes and lack of characterization. However the general public has loved them – all four previous movies still remaining in the top 100 highest grossing movies of all time.

So will Transformers: The Last Knight fare any better than the previous four with the die-hards? Let’s find out!

Excerpt from Blog: In Part 1 of Moving your Transformers Collection we looked at packing your Transformer collection safely in order to get it ready to move to its new home. In part two we are going to look at the moving itself. What method you use will depend on whether you are moving yourself or having movers do it for you.