Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Kup's Discussions and Questions

Sightings/Sales

Old 23rd May 2017, 04:38 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
Is this another revision wave making the rounds?
Breakaway wasnt included in the second revision wave that stores are currently receiving.
Maybe it was in Revision 1... to make up for being short packed in Wave 3?
It would also give enough time for Wave 2 Chromedome to be cleared out so that the "same toy" in different colours isn't shelfwarming next to each other.
Old 26th May 2017, 09:27 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

The first IDW comic series I've followed is the current Optimus Prime series. I've not followed the IDW-verse Transformers for long, so I've been reading back issues trying to catch up and get familiarized. I like this continuity, it's G1, but with more depth. In the 1980's cartoon, all the Autobots were purely good, while all the Decepticons were purely evil (Except Blitzwing and Octane), and they were all pretty one-dimensional. But in the IDW-verse, there's a lot of grey area where some 'bad' guys went dark in the first place for understandable reasons, and the 'good' guys have their own flaws and moments of weakness.

Using the D&D alignment system, I've made a little chart to give myself a sense of some of these characters. This is just one example of course.

Old 26th May 2017, 10:44 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

That's awesome dude! Makes total sense
WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Crankcase, Carnivac, Chainclaw, Snarler, Sky High, Finback, Iguanus, Gunrunner BOTCON/CLUB: Cindersaur CHUG: Frenzy, Eject, Krok, Quake, Broadside, Topspin, Perceptor, Slugslinger, Misfire, Chaos on Velocitron, Siege of Cybertron, ANIMATED: Soundblaster PRIME(HASTAK): Thundercracker BEAST WARS NEO: Autojetter GT: GT-04 GT-R Saber
Old 26th May 2017, 11:08 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I did something like this here, and my picks were:

Note: These are based on their original Hasbro tech specs personae. Characters from different canon would vary, e.g. Takara Overlord and IDW Prowl would be Lawful Evil.

IDW's Overlord is based on his Hasbro G1 tech specs, which I would say is definitely Chaotic Evil. Selfish and cruel. Doesn't work well in groups and resents being given orders. Pretty much describes IDW/Hasbro Overlord pretty well - just look at his personal crusade against Megatron and the countless lives he killed just to get Megs' attention. Hasbro Overlord is like the Joker from the Dark Knight... he just wants to see the world burn.