Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New DBZ CCG- Panini

Default New DBZ CCG- Panini

Not sure how many here used to play the old Score card game, as I know I never saw tournaments or any competitive play anywhere, but I know that others here on OTCA are/were at least collectors and may be interested in this news if they are not already aware of it.

I don't think the game had a huge following here in Australia, but the CCG is getting a revised release with new card images with mostly the same rules and conditions as the original. The company releasing them is called Panini, who are mostly known for doing Football (soccer) card or sticker collections.

Not sure on an exact date, or how to get the cards yet (hoping amazon or BBTS get them) but I'll post more here if there is any interest, I am getting most of my information from http://retrodbzccgcom.fatcow.com/. They have an extensive gallery of the new (and older score) cards as well as news and reviews.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Just found this thread. From what I recall in my area in Melbourne it actually was pretty big. Localy tournaments every week. I even found a flyer with the national championships July 2002!

Still have all my rares, foils, promos and personalities in a folder. Not sure where the rest have gone.

Wouldn't mind following this when it gets released locally (if it does).

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    Just found this thread. From what I recall in my area in Melbourne it actually was pretty big. Localy tournaments every week. I even found a flyer with the national championships July 2002!

Still have all my rares, foils, promos and personalities in a folder. Not sure where the rest have gone.

Wouldn't mind following this when it gets released locally (if it does).
    I've been bugging game traders and a few board game shops but it seems Panini do not have an Australian distributor so it works out easier to get them shipped from the USA. I got a box of starters and who boxes of boosters, hoping to get most of the rares that way then buy singles to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I've been bugging game traders and a few board game shops but it seems Panini do not have an Australian distributor so it works out easier to get them shipped from the USA. I got a box of starters and who boxes of boosters, hoping to get most of the rares that way then buy singles to complete.
    Where have you found the cheapest source?

Prices are a bit erratic, there is animeexchange based in QLD that are decently priced, but still marked up (as they should, got to make money if you run a shop!). Amazon can sometimes pop up some savings, but the place I use is Hill's Wholesale Gaming

Probably not the cheapest but they have excellent range, good prices, and ship to Australia directly. Most card shops that sell complete boxes do not ship here. Postage is the killer, I'll wait until I have time to open my second booster box and see if I need to make a second order with them, or I may risk it and order more when the next expansion arrives sometime early 2015.

Bummer they are all sold out of Starter Decks.

Guess i'll have to wait! Everyone on Amazon doesn't ship international.

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    Bummer they are all sold out of Starter Decks.

Guess i'll have to wait! Everyone on Amazon doesn't ship international.
    Should have a second printing sometime soon, and I'd be happy to offload any doubles of starters I get from the box I ordered (10 starter decks per box, but 6 starting personalities....)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Should have a second printing sometime soon, and I'd be happy to offload any doubles of starters I get from the box I ordered (10 starter decks per box, but 6 starting personalities....)
    Sounds good mate. Let me know (PM me if needed).

HI guys,

I have bought tons of DBZ cards over the years! I have loads i'll have to unearth what I have left. From Frieza saga all the way to the GT sagas, foils rares etc.

I have the super rare "super saiyan goku" foil from the frieza saga, I also have Broly from lvl 1 to lvl 6 in hard cases!

not sure what they are worth these days if anything.
    I have the casule corp swords & rules somewhere, was actually thinking of getting rid of most of my cards from when i was younger. I never played the game.

Kindest regards,
    Mike.

Default DBZ

Actually looking at those pictures from that link I had most of those rares.

Thats it im going to look!