Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Transformers 1986 Movie anniversary day (Australia) - DEC 26th

My favorite Movie of all time. I fell in love with Perceptor and his speeches.

"Ultra Magnus, a cursory evaluation of Decepticon capabilities indicates a distinct tactical deficiency."

Best line ever! Actually started my love of words.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    I remember watching this and G.I.Joe the movie back to back and i hated then how Hasbro made me and my cousins cry on the death of Optimus and almost nearly, Duke (which I thought was goner as well since they killed Optimus)
    Apparently the backlash to killing Prime was the reason they didn't kill Duke off in the Joe movie

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

For me, it was the first American cartoon where heroes die.
    Not only prime died but ironhide, prowl and so many were just killed off.
    It was very comforting to see Jazz survived.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Supreme View Post
    My favorite Movie of all time. I fell in love with Perceptor and his speeches.

"Ultra Magnus, a cursory evaluation of Decepticon capabilities indicates a distinct tactical deficiency."

Best line ever! Actually started my love of words.
    I love when they are about to head to the planet of junk and Perceptor starts with all the big words and Magnus is just sitting there not looking impressed
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

It's not 30 years in Australia for a few more months, but the Americans are celebrating the 30th Anniversary of TFTM. Check out the #tftm30th hashtag on Twitter for examples.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This day 28 years ago, the first Transformers Movie started screening in Movie theatres in Australia... almost five months after it was released in America (August 8th 1986).

Talk about false advertising! I remember going to Roxy Parramatta ready to watch the film and they told us they weren't showing it there!!!!!

Man was I ever pissed!

Till All Are One: A Production History of The Transformers: The Movie (1986)

I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but I know I've read most of it before. Interesting stuff regardless.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post

I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but I know I've read most of it before. Interesting stuff regardless.
    Love this kind of stuff

Thx for the link 😀
    Sometimes all you need is a little energon and alotta luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post

So nostalgic and uplifting to read of the journey to make this film a reality and it's continuing legacy and impact on many people to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    So nostalgic and uplifting to read of the journey to make this film a reality and it's continuing legacy and impact on many people to this day.
    Just watched the special features on the 30th Anniversary. I am glad that they didnt do the glory charge of all the discontinued toys... I dont think my 3yr old self could have handled it. I am still traumatised from Prime, Prowl etc... all get destroyed so brutally