Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Transformers Mobile Game - Forged to Fight

Default New Transformers Mobile Game - Forged to Fight

For the mobile device gamers out there, another Transformers game is coming soon, by Kabam in Vancouver Canada.... aimed for Spring 2017 (our Autumn next year).

Kabam and Hasbro have united to create a new high-definition, action-fighting and character collection mobile game set in the immersive world of Transformers. ‘TRANSFORMERS: Forged to Fight,’ will feature intense one-on-one battles, meaningful robot to vehicle converting action and deep RPG elements. Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream and Grimlock will level up over time, unleashing powerful new abilities and devastating robot-vehicle attacks.

In TRANSFORMERS: Forged to Fight, players will be able to collect the most memorable Transformers from every era of the brand’s thirty-plus year history — including Autobots and Decepticons from the animated TV series, blockbuster films, as well as fan-favorites from the Transformers comic book series and Hasbro’s line of iconic figures. As fans assemble their team, they will forge alliances, battle other players and dive into a unique storyline that goes beyond good versus evil.
    Links to the Gamespot article, and the promo video can be found at the link above.

Will have to check out at some stage. Though I'm still playing Angry Birds lol

I swore off playing mobile games since Transformers Battle Tactics and Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. The formula is always to slowly make it more time consuming to the point where it affects everyday life. And they always become pay to win but they always screw the P2W players by changing the game dynamic. Thankfully I was never pay to win. IMO they are insidious and a blight on society. Rant over.

Looks to be out on the google play store?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kabam.bigrobot

Idk if you're able to download it in Australia yet. I'm on iOS haha.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    I swore off playing mobile games since Transformers Battle Tactics and Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. The formula is always to slowly make it more time consuming to the point where it affects everyday life. And they always become pay to win but they always screw the P2W players by changing the game dynamic. Thankfully I was never pay to win. IMO they are insidious and a blight on society. Rant over.
    Correct, but still a lot of time used. Remembered people paying $400 for those games to win a digital card and now the game is gone. What a super waste of money and time.

I'm just fragged off that I'm playing Legends, turned in my 4* Crystal that it took months of shard collecting to get and then got a character I already had!

Only a 1 in 13 chance of it happening - I call shenanigans on that!

i downloaded this yeasterday and it's not bad.

Kind of satisfying using G1 Prime to kick Bayformer Prime's tailpipe... even if the G1 is modelled from the Combiner Wars figure.

There are lots of facets to the game though so it's still quite confusing.
    Anyway if anyone else ends up playing let me know (or look me up - same username as my instagram) as it seems to be non-transformers fans who are mostly kids right now which makes it a tad frustrating when looking for a decent alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    i downloaded this yeasterday and it's not bad.

Kind of satisfying using G1 Prime to kick Bayformer Prime's tailpipe... even if the G1 is modelled from the Combiner Wars figure.

There are lots of facets to the game though so it's still quite confusing.
    Anyway if anyone else ends up playing let me know (or look me up - same username as my instagram) as it seems to be non-transformers fans who are mostly kids right now which makes it a tad frustrating when looking for a decent alliance.
    how is it in terms of paying for items or 'crystals' and stuff etc?

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    how is it in terms of paying for items or 'crystals' and stuff etc?
    I've never paid for stuff in-game on any apps I've played so bearing that in mind I have gotten to level 15 quite easily and there seem to be several ways to earn energon, crystals, etc. I think energon is where you could be suckered into spending $$ if you're so inclined as that seems to be the hardest thing to acquire.
    Leveling up bots is quite easy and you can earn a variety of different currencies by doing different things - stories, quests, raids as well as getting crystals which open a space bridge for various things from repair modules, new characters (I've only got 6 characters so far), energon, gold, raid crystals, etc... like I say - there is a lot to get your head around in terms of what there is and a number of different reward systems - some of which I haven't figured out or don't have access to yet.

Crystals for generic things like the ore-13 seems to come up regularly in game play (to the point my inventory can't store everything so I haven't opened a lot of those crystals). Character crystals are much rarer but do pop up.
    I probably am not far enough into the game yet though to see where the potential big spending might be required though...

A promo trailer for the app-game was released at the New York Toyfair, and BWTF.com has posted it up on youtube.
    To be released in "Spring", which would be some time around March to May.