Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers: Revolution #1 Zing Pop Culture Exclusive

I was thinking the same thing, perhaps it's British based thing as the Zing stores here sometimes carry comic trades from Marvel and DC but I've never seen Dark Horse, Image or IDW stuff there.

It would seem strange for them to get exclusives out from a smaller publisher out of the blue without any fanfare or media releases.

I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I spot them but perhaps an email to IDW to clarify what and where these zing exclusives are actually from.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, perhaps it's British based thing as the Zing stores here sometimes carry comic trades from Marvel and DC but I've never seen Dark Horse, Image or IDW stuff there.

It would seem strange for them to get exclusives out from a smaller publisher out of the blue without any fanfare or media releases.

I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I spot them but perhaps an email to IDW to clarify what and where these zing exclusives are actually from.
    I did e-mail IDW. It is confirmed that they went to Zing Pop Culture, and those stores, as near as I can tell, are only in Australia. They suggested they could be for a convention. Does Zing have conventions?

IDW essentially said they make exclusives, but have nothing to do with them after that. One would think if you're creating exclusive merchandise you would at least find out how it was meant to be used. They get their money and after that, they don't care.

Thanks,

Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime24 View Post
    They suggested they could be for a convention. Does Zing have conventions?
    Zing don't do conventions, but they do appear as vendors in conventions such as the EB Games Expo which is held in October.

i have definitely seen comics at my local zing but generally collected volumes, not individual isssues. i will probably be in the area tomorrow so i can go and ask. is there an isbn or code or something that will help?

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    i have definitely seen comics at my local zing but generally collected volumes, not individual isssues. i will probably be in the area tomorrow so i can go and ask. is there an isbn or code or something that will help?
    I don't have an isbn, but I'm not sure that would help. To my knowledge, all the covers have the same isbn. Here are links to images of the two exclusive covers. Only one has the Zing logo on the cover, but both are listed in the cover gallery as Zing exclusives, and IDW has confirmed that.

Transformers: Revolution #1
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:TFRev_Zingcvr.jpg

Revolutionaries #1
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Revoluti...s1_zingcvr.jpg

I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Lewis

Scroll down at this page and you'll see the Transformers: Revolution #1 cover with the Zing logo on it.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-tr...b/4000-555350/

So I walked into zing today and in the counter they had them sitting there!

I grabbed two so there's one each. I'll add a photo when I get home, if it's what you are after, PM me so I can get them shipped out to you!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I need a pair too, trunks. I can't figure out how to PM, most of what I click on around here says I don't have permission (even my own name next to Welcome), but I hope you will help me please after you take care of the original poster, Lewis. Thanks, ---Gary Martin, Jr. in WV USA

Yeah, Rank 1 members don't have access to private messaging.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Zing don't do conventions, but they do appear as vendors in conventions such as the EB Games Expo which is held in October.
    Zing is a part of EB Games, either as separate stores or as a section within EB Games stores, so a Zing exclusive has the potential to be an exclusive for the EB Games Expo... but now it's been found at a Zing store, it was too late/early for an EB Games Expo.

I will have to check my nearby Zing store to see if they have it as well... as Australian Exclusives for anything Transformers is so rare.