Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Transformers: Revolution #1 Zing Pop Culture Exclusive

Eh... some of the Transformers comics that I collected in the 80s still have their price stickers on them. Adds to the charm IMHO. What I found interesting was how the comics I bought from newsagents* had bar codes on them, but later comics that I bought from comic book stores had additional artwork in those rectangles.

------------------------------
    *it wasn't until the 90s that I discovered comic book stores - did they exist in Australia before then?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Eh... some of the Transformers comics that I collected in the 80s still have their price stickers on them. Adds to the charm IMHO. What I found interesting was how the comics I bought from newsagents* had bar codes on them, but later comics that I bought from comic book stores had additional artwork in those rectangles.

------------------------------
    *it wasn't until the 90s that I discovered comic book stores - did they exist in Australia before then?
    The ones with the bar codes are sold in newsagents and those which are sold to the direct market like comic book shops have the artwork where the UPC code is. What I found funny was newsagents in Australia did not use the barcode to scan in the 80s. There may have been a small number of comic shops around in the 80s but I was still ordering stuff from USA that time. Foreign currency bank drafts as no credit cards for school kids like me. Shifted to buying in local comic stores in the early 90s.

Got my copy today... ended up talking to the Zing dude for ages much to my Wife's annoyance. But it was 41 degrees in Canberra today so I really didnt want to go back outside

By any chance is someone willing to help me with 2 copies of this TF Revolution Zing cover, in any condition, even with price stickers applied to it...? I have other Revolution comics for trade, or Paypal, please let me know! Thank you for any help...

Done, just grabbed 2 for you do you have private messages enabled yet? I don't remember if there is a post number you have to reach before you can do that. The store happened to be playing 'you got the touch' while I was in there too!

Nice! Even heard some Stan Bush while in the store?!? Wow...too funny. Thank you again for making this possible, PM sent moments ago!

Anyone see the Revolutionares #1 Zing exclusive? If so, can anyone help me get one?

Thanks,

Lewis

I saw this on the Zing website:

https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/bo...-Books--Comics

...and I e-mailed them about shipping to the U.S.A., but their response was a polite "no, sorry, we do not" but I am uncertain if this is their Revolutionaries #1 exclusive cover because the photo on their website is that of the basic Cover A, not the exclusive retailer variant. Has anyone in Australia ordered this book via the website to see if it is in fact the Zing exclusive cover by any chance...?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Malificent View Post
    I saw this on the Zing website:

https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/bo...-Books--Comics

...and I e-mailed them about shipping to the U.S.A., but their response was a polite "no, sorry, we do not" but I am uncertain if this is their Revolutionaries #1 exclusive cover because the photo on their website is that of the basic Cover A, not the exclusive retailer variant. Has anyone in Australia ordered this book via the website to see if it is in fact the Zing exclusive cover by any chance...?
    Check PMs

Smile Thank You

A little public thanks to this board and its members Philby, I_amtrunks, and OptimusPrime24, for helping this curator keep his ongoing ROM comics collection complete...couldn't've gotten those darn Zing things without 'em. ---A ROM Curator, Gary Martin, Jr.