View Poll Results: Which character would you like to see in the Masterpiece Line?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arcee

4 7.55%
  • Blurr

0 0%
  • Kup

0 0%
  • Jazz

18 33.96%
  • Mirage

0 0%
  • Hound

6 11.32%
  • Sunstreaker

4 7.55%
  • Blaster

3 5.66%
  • Galvatron

5 9.43%
  • Cyclonus

2 3.77%
  • Scourge

0 0%
  • Blitzwing

2 3.77%
  • Astrotrain

3 5.66%
  • Insecticons

2 3.77%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

4 7.55%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Which character would you like to see in the Masterpiece Line?

Arcee. As much as I want to see Trailbreaker, Hound, Jazz, Sumstreaker, Mirage , Skids, Hoist and the first wave minibots get done, I think we need to have an MP Arcee.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

While I would love to see more first year Autobots, I would have to say the 2nd year Cons first just to see their numbwrs and variation padded out. So that means Insecticons or the triple changers.

After that I would like to see some girls. Especially Cons because they are so rare. I get tired of finding excuses for my daughter. Arcee and Blackarachnia are obvious but the existence of Road Rage suggests you could find some in funny corners. Eg Slipstream could get in as a Seeker or you could even make arguments about Windblade.

Add me to the Galvatron list. My 1986 movie shelf is looking sad with Hot Rod, Rodius and Ultra Magnus. I'd be happy with Galvatron and a Cyclonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post

After that I would like to see some girls. Especially Cons because they are so rare. I get tired of finding excuses for my daughter. Arcee and Blackarachnia are obvious but the existence of Road Rage suggests you could find some in funny corners. Eg Slipstream could get in as a Seeker or you could even make arguments about Windblade.
    In regards to MP FemmeCons, I think I said in another thread that after Dirge comes out if they made an MP Slipstream I could consider the MP Seeker line complete - I'd buy her

If they did Arcee they could retool her as Nightbird - her legends toy was awesome!

Considering the path Tam/Tom is going down with comic and boxart and the recent legends toy of the character, I'm not sure we would want a Black Arachnia though - the toy might end up just being 'Spiderboobs'

Note to self and a reminder to anyone in Japan or if you ever go to Japan (or if you have a VPN that can bypass geoblocking) -- bring a copy of a recent MP's barcode and ID number (on that little slip of paper included in the box) so that I can access TakaraTOMY's online survey. Fan polls like these are fine, but it's highly unlikely that TakaraTOMY will ever see it, whereas TakaraTOMY's poll is something that they maintain and the feedback goes directly to them.

A reminder that the thread explaining how to fill out the survey can be found here. If you see any questions which haven't been translated yet then feel free to post a screen shot in that thread and either I or another Japanese speaking member can post a translation.

Question 33 is most likely to have changed as many of the character options that you could vote on have already been fulfilled by TakaraTOMY (indicating that they do actually listen to fans ). I haven't been able to access their online survey since they geoblocked it in late 2014, but the last time I saw it, Q33 looked like this:

And since then they've given us Ironhide, Ratchet, Megatron, Shockwave and even a Movie Bumblebee coming soon. As you can see you can vote on multiple options or even type in your own nominations if the character you want to see isn't listed. For those who cannot read/write Japanese, you can look up a character's Japanese name on TFwiki (scroll down to "Foreign names") and copy/paste the Japanese name into that box.
    N.B. This question may no longer be No.33 but I'm sure that it would exist somewhere in the survey.

I would love to see Galvatron... No other reason than I think it would be awesome to have an official version

FatalityPitt Guest

3 days in, and Jazz has a definite lead. Rightfully so too! He's arguably the 3rd most iconic Autobot car after Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. It feels so strange that out of all the characters they've done for Masterpiece, Jazz is still MIA.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    I'm hopeful too, because we got MP Bumblebee, and VW own Porsche as far as I can tell. Plus, Takara has VW and Porsche licenses for their Tomica line and that's the department Hasui went through to get the license to make Bumblebee (and Wheeljack? Apparently the Lancia license was tough to get too).
    This info was all in translated interviews posted on tfw.
    At a glance of their Wikipedia page, Porsche has merged with VW. So if they can get a license to make Bumblebee, they could do it for Jazz too. Also, under the Tomica banner, Takara has produced Porsche toy cars, and even did the car that G1 Jazz is based on.

I think TakaraTomy definitely has the means to do a Masterpiece Jazz, and whatever legal reason prevented them from doing it before, it's no longer there (or it's not as ironclad as it once was). I think it's not a matter of if they can do Jazz, but when.

I still think MP Galvatron is quite feasible, and should be relatively easy. They shouldn't need a special license since it's an original fantasy design. Also, I'm no expert on the design process, but looking at the Titans Return Galvatron; without the headmaster and triple-changer gimmicks, I don't think it'd be that hard for them to engineer a decent MP Galvatron.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Question 33 is most likely to have changed ... This question may no longer be No.33 but I'm sure that it would exist somewhere in the survey.
    Correct on both accounts. It's now Question 20 and is a free text field (so you just type what you want instead of selecting from their options).

Here it is:

Also, completing the form requires a Japanese address... not sure if it was like this before, but geoblocking aside, that's gonna stop most people in their tracks unfortunately.

Though if anyone's game, i scrambled my way through it just doing Google Translate whilst using Chrome. Most of it made sense!

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    At a glance of their Wikipedia page, Porsche has merged with VW. So if they can get a license to make Bumblebee, they could do it for Jazz too. Also, under the Tomica banner, Takara has produced Porsche toy cars, and even did the car that G1 Jazz is based on.

I think TakaraTomy definitely has the means to do a Masterpiece Jazz, and whatever legal reason prevented them from doing it before, it's no longer there (or it's not as ironclad as it once was). I think it's not a matter of if they can do Jazz, but when.
    I went over this in the MP Dirge thread in the News section not long ago. It's not as simple as VW licensed a car for Bumblebee so they can licence a Porsche for Jazz. In most car companies including VW each brand licences itself individually. You don't go to VW to get a Porsche licence, you need to go to Porsche. Porsche is notoriously expensive as a licence, Tomica might be willing to pay it but doesn't mean the Transformers team are. Also car manufactures put very strict rules on how you can use their licence, they must consider a Hot Wheels style car fine but a transforming toy might not be OK. Licencing cars is a minefield.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Correct on both accounts. It's now Question 20 and is a free text field (so you just type what you want instead of selecting from their options).

Here it is:

Also, completing the form requires a Japanese address... not sure if it was like this before, but geoblocking aside, that's gonna stop most people in their tracks unfortunately.

Though if anyone's game, i scrambled my way through it just doing Google Translate whilst using Chrome. Most of it made sense!
    Is the geoblocking dumb enough for a VPN to trick it?
    After that spend some time with a Tokyo phone book?