Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tokyo Toy show - New Cloud, MP & movie toys

Default Tokyo Toy show - New Cloud, MP & movie toys

Images aren't good and there might be more to come, but we get our first look at Cloud Shockwave and Rodimus (which were the two moulds we had seen in artwork - Springer & Whirl), the new Legends (Generations) Beasts, and a coloured MP Ultra Magnus... along with the Evangelian Optimus, plus movie toys on display.

I will update this first post with better links if people post them up in this topic.

Rodimus is a must! I wouldn't say Magnus is great. Shockwave looks silly. First time I have seen Ad-20 Grimlock which is a relief as it's looking better than the Hasbro version. Lockdown looks great.

Not loving the proportions on Magnus. I hope theres a mistransform somewhere but its unlikely given that it is the Tokyo Toy Show.

Need to see what they've done for car mode Rodimus before I can get all judgey

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Not loving the proportions on Magnus. I hope theres a mistransform somewhere but its unlikely given that it is the Tokyo Toy Show.

Need to see what they've done for car mode Rodimus before I can get all judgey
    Magnus' leg (left of frame, his right leg) is bent at the knee, but doesn't look it as it's dead on. That's one thing that doesn't make it look great!

Rodimus looks great. Definitely need him. $57 AUD is really good for that, but I won't pay the $100 imported price. Might put him on the list for when I go to Japan next year.

MP Magnus looks alright, but not as good as I thought he'd look. The face is all wrong to me. It might just be camera angle and pose, etc, so I'll reserve judgement for some official pics.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    MP Magnus looks alright, but not as good as I thought he'd look. The face is all wrong to me. It might just be camera angle and pose, etc, so I'll reserve judgement for some official pics.
    Yeah he looks mistransformed. The official pics can't be to far off

Shockwave is delicious.

Some clearer photos, but still nothing close up, including the Sega Megatron.
    The Movie Gimmick Grimlocks have a lot more silver on them than the Hasbro ones.

Some clearer pics of Cloud Shockwave & Rodimus, plus a couple of "QT" (cutie) Transformers - Movie Bumblebee & Optimus, that look to be spring-loaded (one-step) into a deformed robot mode.
    Also images of MP figures, but they are being discussed more in their own News topics.

I like Magnus' face a lot more now. It's perfect.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust