Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tokyo Toy show - New Cloud, MP & movie toys

Really not feeling it for these Cloud things. Shockwave looks as crap as Whirl and Hot Rod looks way too buff. His vehicle mode would be all over the place as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Really not feeling it for these Cloud things. Shockwave looks as crap as Whirl and Hot Rod looks way too buff. His vehicle mode would be all over the place as well.
    I think he looks heroic. but I do agree his vehicle modes are...

Quite a few extra photos of the display, and that they were advance selling the next two Advanced toys - Autobot Dino & Darkside Soundwave.

Man that is forced. Is it Shockwave just because the mold has one eye?. Did Whirl and Shockwave share similar bodies in a comic I never read?

Quote Originally Posted by King Atlas View Post
    Man that is forced. Is it Shockwave just because the mold has one eye?. Did Whirl and Shockwave share similar bodies in a comic I never read?
    Possibly - do you remember reading this?

I actually like Rodimus, but would like him better if he didn't have helicopter parts coming out of the knees.

Quote Originally Posted by King Atlas View Post
    The latest body for IDW Shockwave is his FoC body. Note that FoC is part of the Prime universe not G1, Hasbro/Activision/IDW have just confused the issue by using that same style in different universes.

IDW Whirl on the other hand is a stylised design and only shares his one eye and claw hands with Shockwave. Also Whirl's Voyager toy looks nothing like IDW Whirl except for the claw hands, eye and chicken legs.

I really think Cloud Shockwave is forced.

Yeah, no. These cloud toys feel like expensive forced Hasbro repaints to me, the rest looks good though.

That Shockwave is terrible even within a 'freshly done empurata' context. What a lazy ass repaint, reminds me of Hasbro's dodgy old repaint tactics. Plus the mold is less than good due to silly unrefined designed choices.

I thought Rodimus would work well as a Springer repaint but he does not. looks off.

Nah, not worth it for me.

Only real interesting toy for me is Rattrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Rodimus is a must! Shockwave looks silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    That Shockwave is terrible even within a 'freshly done empurata' context. What a lazy ass repaint, reminds me of Hasbro's dodgy old repaint tactics. Plus the mold is less than good due to silly unrefined designed choices.

Rodimus looks great in robot mode but don't think I'd shell out that much for a Rodimus that turns into a helicopter. Shockwave is just stupid - I pick up most Shockwaves but I'll definetly skip this!