Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BotCon at-show toys & merchandise

Default BotCon at-show toys & merchandise

The leaked list proved true...

The items, for as long they are available...
    Knight 3-pack (Apelinq, Flare-up, Alpha Trizer (Trion)) - US$139

Pirate 2-pack (Shokaract, Brimstone) - US$82

Clone 2-pack (Pounce, Wingspan) - US$95

Kreo 6-pack (BotCon Fractyl, Gigatron, Landshark, G2 Breakdown, Rattrap, Shattered Glass Rodimus) - US$49

Unpainted Custom Class figure (Primal Prime) - US$75

2014 Comic w/ Program Guide -US$5

2014 character cards (two sets of 9 - for Autographs) - US$5 EACH set
    (also available as 2 uncut sheets for US$25)

Chase character cards (one of the four are randomly included with each set of nine above).
    I would like to know the meaning or reasoning behind three of them.

Oversized character cards (4 only) - US$10 EACH

Litho poster - US$15 (no autographed version this year)

I would love to say that I will be posting up some more photos tonight, but we've seen how that didn't happen after the last time I said it two days ago...

Thanks for the Pot up Griff.

Man they are a hodge podge set of figures this year. I guess it works OK for a pirate theme of picking characters from all over the place, but some of those figures look horrid. Apelinq and Alpha Trizer just look really awful to me.

I cannot believe this is what they want to sell, surely there are major external forces at play that result in them mostly producing crap but nope, FP says that rarely happens.

I don't feel a cohesive pirate theme and i don't feel the 30th Anniversary connection outside of Scorponok (who i do agree with).

I need to see some Hasbro panel and cabinet display pics for good therapy.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I find the Pounce/Wingspan concept incredibly cool. Just did a search and realised that unfortunately it's not entirely original/unique.

Too bad they didn't go as far as changing the headsculpts to match with G1, which would have fully differentiated it from the above custom. The giant pirates insignia on it also isn't very appealing.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Other than the hunter and clone packs, they'll be trying to offload these guys for years.

Sad waste of the 30th anniversary. Surely Hasbro has to take this in house or take a lot more control over what is produced? This is a terribly lacklustre effort and no way to entice new fans into attending, especially on the back of the next few films.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

The clones are an absolutely brilliant use of those TF:Prime Vehicon molds, what a pity it is that they should be ruined by FunPub's big, dumb & ugly "ShatteredGlass-come-Pirates" faction logos...

...should've been stickers.

But hey! - With all these Exclusive Transformers figures being sold, at least G.I. Joe fans can rest assured they'll continue to have a few more Cons!

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    I cannot believe this is what they want to sell, surely there are major external forces at play that result in them mostly producing crap but nope, FP says that rarely happens
    What, it rarely happens that they sell, or rarely they don't produce crap?

I kind of like the closure of getting 3H lion Alpha Trion, and am going to hunt one down, but zero interest in the other sets
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Another year, another BotCon, and another line of pitiful repaints spun together with poor storytelling in an attempt to pass them off as somehow desirable.

Happy 30th Anniversary.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Photos on TFW of the display case of FunPub toys - mostly BotCon, but also Transmutate, Chromedome and Treadshot... which haven't been released yet in the Subscription series. Just no close up photos of the Kreo figures though...

The Kreo 6-pack have no instructions, so some are proving tricky to put together when all you have to work with is a small image on a piece of paper in the pack.
    I will try to get a few extra photos of the Kreo in the display case from different angles if I can, to help those getting sets from me.

I a photo of the new Movie Bumblebee on tfw. I got to admit, I'm really digging how he looks in that low-res photo. I'd love to see a better shot of him. Unless he's already had photos somewhere and I've missed it?