Page 37 of 71 FirstFirst ... 172732333435363738394041424757 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    If you like prawns and toast, then you're gonna be a fan
    hahaha thanks trent!

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    For anyone interested, here's a great video that shows you how to make your own prawn toast - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN5epS-2E-M

My recommendation is to deep fry them instead of oven baking.
    haha mate that looks spot on!

The channel that gave us all those red-neck and bogan shows, Channel 73 (7-Mate) is giving us two shows on TV in the next week, to expand the waistlines of our already obese society...

Chow Masters, and Man Finds Food (by the guy who did Man Versus Food) - both shows are about travelling America to find the biggest and unhealthiest foods.... and the commercials on TV in the last couple weeks will either sicken people or get their mouths watering.
    (the MFF show might not be on for long though, as the American cable channel that was supposed to have screened it, has pulled it from its schedule before it started, but there are a few episodes already produced)

I haven't managed to get to any of the (American) places from MVF yet, so I probably shouldn't watch these shows to add to my list...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The channel that gave us all those red-neck and bogan shows, Channel 73 (7-Mate) is giving us two shows on TV in the next week, to expand the waistlines of our already obese society...

Chow Masters, and Man Finds Food (by the guy who did Man Versus Food) - both shows are about travelling America to find the biggest and unhealthiest foods.... and the commercials on TV in the last couple weeks will either sicken people or get their mouths watering.
    (the MFF show might not be on for long though, as the American cable channel that was supposed to have screened it, has pulled it from its schedule before it started, but there are a few episodes already produced)

I haven't managed to get to any of the (American) places from MVF yet, so I probably shouldn't watch these shows to add to my list...
    Tell me you regularly do marathons/triathlons to make up for all this crap you eat?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I haven't eaten much junk in the last 12 months... but I dread going to BotCon next year, as I want to do some "food exploring" after this year was pretty tame compared to past years.

Looks like both food shows are on Tuesday.
    Fortunately it is late enough in the evening to not have me running to the store while they are open with a food craving... like Iron Chef does when I watch it at around 5pm on SBS on weekdays.

Watching some Chow Masters now. Aussie chef in NY. Vodka (Bloody Mary) sauce on a hamburger is an intriguing idea.

Might have to pay Maccas a visit....

Gourmet Burgers
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Anyone try instant mee goreng with tuna before?

Surprisingly not bad. Filling for $1.40 meal (40c instant mee goreng, $1 tuna can)

i used to live on Mi goreng and tuna. I now have high blood pressure. Me & my stingy ways...

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Anyone try instant mee goreng with tuna before?

Surprisingly not bad. Filling for $1.40 meal (40c instant mee goreng, $1 tuna can)
    Staple diet during my uni days! Nowadays eat it every now & then, especially after a big TF loot.
    (you can buy the noodles for cheaper at Asian groceries ).