Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24343940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Are you going to the Melbourne show?
    Sorry but no. I'm not that familiar with their work.

Fair enough. Was just curious coz I'll be down there for it lol

Mothers of the Sun by Black Mountain is an eight minute epic that restores my faith in stoner/doom.

Devadevam by Rotting Christ is weird subject matter coming from this band but a risk that pays off. It's not everyday you come across a Greek band with Sanskrit lyrics.

Therion in Melbourne done. What a show. Now to meet th3m in Sydney on Friday and get my setlist signed.

Saw Therion twice. Melbourne and Sydney (Brissie show was cancelled) but still did go to Brissie to party. The memories I've got from this tour will follow me for life. The band loved us too.

The support, The Devil, were damn good. People should check them out. Their whole album is on YouTube. Quite am interesting band. All instrumental.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Saw Therion twice. Melbourne and Sydney (Brissie show was cancelled) but still did go to Brissie to party. The memories I've got from this tour will follow me for life. The band loved us too.

The support, The Devil, were damn good. People should check them out. Their whole album is on YouTube. Quite am interesting band. All instrumental.
    Whoa! That is some serious dedication. That's raising the horns with a capital H.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Whoa! That is some serious dedication. That's raising the horns with a capital H.
    Fan for 20 odd years. Never thought I'd see then live ever. Couldn't miss them. Met them for VIP in Sydney, nice guys. Same with The Devil. Even though the mystery surrounds who they are, they clearly loved us too, to the point my mate and I were given free signed cd each (with symbols lol)

One of the great moments, which my friend secured with footage, the male singer in Therion took my glasses and wore them on stage haha

Woah. Avantasia is coming next year. Guests on the upcoming album are Ronnie Atkins, Jĝrn Lande, Eric Martin, Geoff Tate, Michael Kiske,*Bob Catley, Candice Night, Hansi Kürsch as well as Mille Petrozza. Would be one helluva lineup if they are all coming.
    Last edited by 1AZRAEL1; 22nd October 2018 at 12:02 PM.

Recently got Metallica's ...and Justice For All and can finally appreciate it now more than 20 years down the track. When I first heard it back in my teen years I was warned that it's very technical when compared to Ride the Lightning and I didn't heed the warning and hated it after one listen and avoided it until now.
    It doesn't sound technical when compared to stuff I listen to now.

Slayer crossed with Benny Hill haha

Some people have too much time on their hands.