Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    From a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, the 11th Doctor has already had adventures on Earth and in space (in what we would consider our past), we just haven't seen them yet
    Ah, touché.

Nice collection of Doctors Roller, though the 6th Doctor is enough to blind a person.

Needs more Daleks though.

Use some salt & pepper shakers. roller also needs the out-of-continuity Peter Cushing Doctor!

thanks zed top

Gjoktzamus prime, the first 2 waves of the toys all had crap paint apps and problems, i forked out $120 for a remote control dalek 2 pack with 9th doctor, all figure had crap paint and one of the daleks didnt work.

Also the later wave toys have more articulation, the old man 1st doctor can do more kung fu moves then the David tennant toy pictured

The next DW special to air (Waters of Mars) is set to air in autumn in the UK, no dates have been announced.

The other two specials, one of course will be the Christmas special, and i've heard the final Tenant one will be a New Year's special.

ABC however will take their sweet time in airing all three.

Who's ever talked into an electric fan to sound like a Dalek? Who still does it from time to time?

<puts hand up>

List the Doctors in order of preference - i.e. your most favourite to least favourite.

Mine would be:

1: Tom Baker
    2: David Tennant
    3: Sylvester McCoy
    4: Peter Davison
    5: Christopher Eccleston
    6: Jon Pertwee
    7: William Hartnell
    8: Patrick Troughton
    9: Paul McGann
    10: Colin Baker

I've not included Matt Smith cos I've been missing the new series - I gotta catch up and watch more of the new eps before I can decide.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've not included Matt Smith cos I've been missing the new series - I gotta catch up and watch more of the new eps before I can decide.
    3 new episodes so far...
    i'm not gonna rank the Docs cos i've not watched the eariler older seasons yet. but at current, i'll vote David Tennant as best

List the Doctors in order of preference - i.e. your most favourite to least favourite.
    Sylvester McCoy, William Hartnell, Paul McGann and Tom Baker are the four Doctors who I feel the most nostalgic about. It's hard to compare the 21st century series with the old one... and so far, I think I like Matt Smith better than David Tennant or Christopher Eccleston. (David Tennant would probably be ranked lower than the other two 'new' doctors, but that may just be because he was there for longer and thus got stuck with numerically more sucky episodes.)

Peter Davison, Jon Pertwee, Colin Baker and Patrick Troughton are the Doctors I least care for, although all have their merits. The Pertwee era in particular was certainly revolutionary (and not just because of the advent of colour television.)

Mine would be:

1: Tom Baker
    2: David Tennant
    3: Sylvester McCoy
    4: Peter Davison
    5: Christopher Eccleston
    6: Jon Pertwee
    7: William Hartnell
    8: Patrick Troughton
    9: Paul McGann
    10: Colin Baker

I would concur with your list, except I wouldn't know where to put Patrick Troughton and William Hartnell as I've never watched a full serial of either.

Reading the Wiki on Colin Baker Doctor, makes me feel sorry for the actor, it seems the producers and writters are just as much to blame for his crappy doctor as he was. They could have at least let him wear tastefull clothes.