Page 46 of 75 FirstFirst ... 263641424344454647484950515666 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Couldn't agree more. If it was truly designed in a week then that just reeks of a cash grab. Why on earth would they do that to a major character like Megatron? Would love to hear the reason why it was rushed out like that but doubt we will ever know.
    Exactly! I can only base my judgement on the final product not how fast or whatever method used to make it.

But let's focus on mp-36 as it's obviously much well made.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Truth be told, if "batteries are included" then yay I'll have a play with the light/sound features then take the batteries out. If not, I'll enjoy the toy otherwise but not bother getting the batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Shock wave did not include so this will follow suit
    Takaratomy Mall listing says LR44 button cells NOT included and i believe they started removing batteries since last year with the Transformers toys like Nightmare Megatron and MP Shockwave to name a few.

Well looks like my Megs will be silent

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Well looks like my Megs will be silent
    $2 shops sells them . Lol
    I can't really bother.

I'm avoiding watching any video reviews of Megatron (as I do with any other unreleased mould). Has there been anything mentioned in reviews that would indicate that he is fragile like MP-5?

I feel really lucky my MP-5 is still in one piece after 10 years and has very minimal "cosmic rust".

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm avoiding watching any video reviews of Megatron (as I do with any other unreleased mould). Has there been anything mentioned in reviews that would indicate that he is fragile like MP-5?

I feel really lucky my MP-5 is still in one piece after 10 years and has very minimal "cosmic rust".
    watch the vid, questions answered. lol

Some photos from Phamduc (who made the video review):

I hope you all ordered from HLJ! They will be placing an orange plug (which can be removed later) in the end of Megs gun in order that it complies with Australian importation laws and will not be confiscated!

This means they will have to open the box to do it but since I'd be opening the box anyway I really dont care as long as I get my Megs!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I hope you all ordered from HLJ! They will be placing an orange plug (which can be removed later) in the end of Megs gun in order that it complies with Australian importation laws and will not be confiscated!

This means they will have to open the box to do it but since I'd be opening the box anyway I really dont care as long as I get my Megs!
    Yeah, same. I just got that email too. It doesn't really worry me, as long as I get my MP-36...

Quote Originally Posted by HLJ

Hello-

This is Xxxx Xxxxxxx at HobbyLink Japan. Thank you very much for your order with us for Takara-Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron. We anticipate starting to fill orders for this item on or about April 3 Japan time.

This toy will be packaged in robot mode. However, it can be transformed into a realistic-looking likeness of a gun, which we understand is also pictured on this item's packaging. As a result, for customers in the United States and Australia, HobbyLink Japan will be placing a plastic orange plug into the end of the barrel in order to keep this toy in compliance with Title 15, Chapter 76 of the United States Code.

Installing this plug on the item will require our staff to open the packaging, which will require cutting the tape holding the box flap closed. This will be performed with the utmost care, but of course it will prevent us from delivering this product to U.S. and Australian customers in "unopened" condition. Note that without this modification, your purchase could be confiscated by your country's customs service, and U.S. customers could be charged with a crime under the above U.S. Federal law.

HobbyLink Japan understands and appreciates the desires of toy collectors in the U.S. and Australia related to merchandise of this nature, and we feel this is the best solution to meet those needs under the circumstances. In order to maintain your item's compliance with your country's laws, we recommend that you do not remove the plastic plug after you have received the item.

We appreciate your understanding, and your business with us.

Best Regards,

Xxxx Xxxxxxx
    HobbyLink Japan
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

Awesome! You can see another bunch of collectors now worrying left right center.

then we will have the double tape talk again.....lol