Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Non-toy stuff

Sightings/Sales

Old 23rd July 2017, 08:28 AM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

It wasn't great but still an enjoyable burger. The fries as pictured I can do without. That said every time we went past a store there were always queues, no matter what time of day or night.
Old 23rd July 2017, 10:59 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

The popularity is indeed an odd thing, because the prices aren't that much different to Mcdonalds and Burger King, and even though they are really fast with giving you what you ordered, you can often wait ages to get to the front of the line (inside and the drive-thru).
Maybe it is just the taste... which I don't recall as being too spectacular either.
It could also be a tourist drawcard as well, because for a long time the business refused to sell franchises or expand beyond California so that they could control the standards and quality, but are now looking to expand into the rest of the country, slowly.
Another reason could be that they are known to pay above the minimum wage, making them a sought after place to work, earning customer loyalty to a business that is loyal to its workers.

They are famous for having a small (regular) menu, so for creatures of habit, there isn't much to process or think about when deciding what to have for lunch or dinner.
And their "secret" menu is probably the novelty that attracts other people, but the times that I've been at one of these places, I only ever saw people eating or ordering the regular menu items.

This was from 2014, so prices may have changed since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
Also went to In-N-Out Burger for their animal style burger and fries.
That's the exact same things I ordered, back in 2014....

I've been to the one that's two blocks from the main Hollywood walk of fame once in 2014, and the one just outside of the LAX airport in 2010 (despite it being so close to the airport and having the chance to go in there several times since 2010, it has always been too crowded with people and cars, so I never managed to go back there).

This was the Hollywood one, which like the LAX one, was always full of cars in the car park and drive-thru (there are about 30 cars in the drive-thru queue here, and the entire time I was there eating, the line of cars would constantly be all the way out onto the road)...

Make sure you try out Wendys if you can, as they have some really nice burgers (including the Baconator). Also Carls Jr (for the American Thickburger), Fatburger, and Arbys if you come across them.
IHOP is also really nice too.
Old 23rd July 2017, 09:12 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
I've been to the one that's two blocks from the main Hollywood walk of fame once in 2014, and the one just outside of the LAX airport in 2010 (despite it being so close to the airport and having the chance to go in there several times since 2010, it has always been too crowded with people and cars, so I never managed to go back there).
That was the one that we went to!. And, yeah, lines for blocks

LOOKING FOR MiSB
AOE VOYAGER NEMESiS PRiME.
Old 28th July 2017, 10:39 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

This week I found a couple of new yummy junk food snacks at Woolworths, and they are both Mac&Cheese related... which is a favourite food of mine.
These two items have mac&cheese mix, in a crumbed coating, and fried (or baked)... until molten inside like a toasted cheese sandwich.
The square one is half price this week too, so worth sampling while it is cheap.

Old 29th July 2017, 10:18 PM
Megatran

I will never understand the appeal of Mac & Cheese.

----------------
It was mentioned about a week ago that a pub somewhere in VIC was serving up free 1.5kg parma + chips (+ salad?) if downed within 20 minutes. Otherwise it's $35.
Old 31st July 2017, 02:42 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Just went there today, but if you guys want a decent burger, go to betty's burgers at Chermside. The onion rings are awesome too.
 / --------------------------------
|      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
 \_--------------------------------
Old 3rd August 2017, 05:18 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
Don't worry. Zinger burgers aren't that great anyway IMO. They're very small and can be really expensive if you ask for extra fillings. I think a McChicken from McDonalds is just as good.
Get out.
Old 17th August 2017, 06:33 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

The KFC Zinger Mozzarella Burger is really nice, but only while it is fresh and hot (eaten at the KFC). Because once it cools off a little (like taking it home first), the cheese slab isn't molten, and the crispy coating goes all soft.