Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Board Info, Member Intros & Suggestion Box

Sightings/Sales

Old 17th September 2011, 07:30 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

That's happened to me from time to time and I'm on a fixed line connection.
What I normally do in the event of it hanging like you describe is:
  1. Refresh the page by hitting the refresh button of your browser or the 'F5' key - This will reset the page and it'll look like nothing has uploaded, in actuality it has.
  2. Next, choose to view the album you were uploading the pics to, you'll notice that almost all the pics would've been uploaded (At least they should've).
  3. Then, look through each pic and identify which ones aren't there that should be.
  4. Re-upload the identified pics that weren't successful initially to the album.

That's what I tend to do, it's frustrating at times but it only seldomly happens to me - let us know if you need further assistance.
Old 17th September 2011, 07:39 PM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

it finally finished so anyway what the f is a url? but if you want to view the pics,it's in iamirondude. i made it public so if there's any problems with it can you guy's let me know please.
Old 17th September 2011, 08:05 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamirondude View Post
it finally finished so anyway what the f is a url? but if you want to view the pics,it's in iamirondude. i made it public so if there's any problems with it can you guy's let me know please.
Here is the guide a gave a couple of other members with regards to posting pics - I hope it helps dude:

The link code you're looking for, when posting pics here on the forum, is highlighted below:

When you click on the text in the highlighted 'text-box', it copies it to your 'clipboard' so all you have to do is go to where you want to post a pic and 'paste' it in or hit 'ctrl+v' and it'll paste the IMG code into your Reply/PM.

When you next quote someone in a reply, or when you reply to this PM , and they've got a pic linked in their post; have a look at the code for the pic in their quoted post - that's what yours should look like if you've done it right.

Have a go and if you're still stuck dude, I'll be happy to help further but don't worry; it took me a good couple of months to figure out how to use a forum-site when I 1st joined here as I'd never signed up to nor used a forum prior - let alone posting pics.
Old 17th September 2011, 11:37 PM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
Here is the guide a gave a couple of other members with regards to posting pics - I hope it helps dude:
Hursti I think you should open your own thread titled "IT Guru Q&A" or "Ask Hursti A Question" or something like that, just aim to solve any technical problems members may have. I would be a regular visitor!
Old 18th September 2011, 12:25 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
Hursti I think you should open your own thread titled "IT Guru Q&A" or "Ask Hursti A Question" or something like that, just aim to solve any technical problems members may have. I would be a regular visitor!
Cheers mate!
Though I have a feeling that a lot of things would end up getting escalated to our Superior Technical Staff member Jaydisc.
There are a number of guys on the boards here, Zippo and Iceburn are a couple of examples aside from Jaydisc, who are far better experienced than I - I just try to help when and where I can.
Old 18th September 2011, 04:40 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

If having trouble inserting the image into a post using the image URL (the link), just paste the link of the photo's page itself (at the top of your browser) into the message and people can click on it to go to your photo.
Old 19th September 2011, 01:16 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I have been using photobucket after advice from members here. Apart from the site being fairly easy to use, uploading pictures to it from my phone is ridiculously easy once set up. You can either put links here to show picks there or include the links in your post so the pics turn up here.

the only drawback I am aware of is if I want to share pics with my parents, my mums laptop ust freezes up when the Photobucket page is opened up. No idea why.
My tentative foray into Reviewing Movie Human alliance Characters: Coming Soon
Old 19th September 2011, 11:34 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
the only drawback I am aware of is if I want to share pics with my parents, my mums laptop ust freezes up when the Photobucket page is opened up. No idea why.
I've had this occur on my Father's old HP Laptop, I think it may be a combination of Windows Vista + Internet Explorer + Flash and a dodgy wireless internet dongle.
Generally I find though it's mainly a combination of Flash and Internet Explorer that causes frequent grief.
Old 31st July 2012, 01:41 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Default Attachments are now restricted to Active Members (rank 5) and higher

To slow down the ever-ballooning storage space on my server, I've had to restrict "image attachments" to Active Members and higher.... which will end up making it a perk to earn here (by being a committed fan here).
I can't afford to have new people joining up and immediately attaching images that cost me money, when it is supposed to be a feature that is used rarely (as a last resort for important queries, news or sightings), so they should be hosting the images of all other things (like collections) on free-hosting sites and posting them from there.

I'll see how this goes and adjust it if necessary.

Ozformers on Twitter (join for Australian Transformers News, First Toy Sightings, and Store Sales alerts)
Ozformers on Facebook
My BotCon archive (so far includes full coverage of last 10 BotCons)
How to use Amazon America (for cheaper toys)
Insurance & Security tips for your collection

My collection - - Toys I want - - Recent arrivals - - Random stuff from me
Old 31st July 2012, 01:50 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

sounds fair to me let us know if you ever need some donations or any help with running costs dude