Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia > Info and Activities > Board Info, Member Intros & Suggestion Box

Sightings/Sales

Old 7th October 2015, 12:18 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Other then big corporations, I haven't seen people paying $1000~2000 a year for website hostings for quite a while. Prices have gone down drastically nowadays

https://ventraip.com.au/web-hosting/business
https://ventraip.com.au/web-hosting/multi

Hosting price range from 300 per year or 800 for multi site hostings and all. MySQL 5.6, PHP 5.1 - 5.6

Have a read, look up and see if it suits your requirement or not. Even if it doesnt suits your requirement, you can always use it as a baseline and ask the current provider to lower their price or match it.
Old 23rd October 2015, 09:48 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Just noticed this thread. Happy to contribute.
Old 26th October 2015, 12:11 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
Other then big corporations, I haven't seen people paying $1000~2000 a year for website hostings for quite a while. Prices have gone down drastically nowadays

https://ventraip.com.au/web-hosting/business
https://ventraip.com.au/web-hosting/multi

Hosting price range from 300 per year or 800 for multi site hostings and all. MySQL 5.6, PHP 5.1 - 5.6

Have a read, look up and see if it suits your requirement or not. Even if it doesnt suits your requirement, you can always use it as a baseline and ask the current provider to lower their price or match it.
Yes, prices have been getting better to compete with the really cheap American server hosts (I have more files/data relating to this board on an American server for $30 per month, than on this Australian one that costs about $60 per month... but I wanted the board on a local server for speed, and to be cheaper to contact by phone when there is a problem). About 3 years ago I already had a plan change to a newer cheaper plan that reduced the monthly cost from about $150 to $60.... but as you say prices are going down over time, and the current server host now has a new cheaper option, but it requires the domain and files to be physically moved to their newer equipment.

Thanks for the links. I have a few other local server options already, so will include this one when I weigh them all up.
Old 20th May 2016, 04:08 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

More than happy to donate to the site, the main reason I found this site was for toy hunting locally before going international. I still remember when I googled for Metroplex and there were comments and suggestions galore.

So that going forward, just a clarification: Is it $10 TOTAL for the year for a cube, or $10 a month for a year (Which works out to be $120). And if it is only $10 a year what's the maximum amount to be had, because TBH I'm more than happy to pay for $10 a month but I don't want to go too overboard if on the donors page I've got 12 entries ....
Old 20th May 2016, 05:30 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I'm pretty sure it's $10 per year, which makes me wonder when my year is up.
My tentative foray into Reviewing Movie Human alliance Characters: Coming Soon
Old 20th May 2016, 07:07 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
I'm pretty sure it's $10 per year, which makes me wonder when my year is up.
I think Griffin said its by calander year so it doesn't matter when you donated, you being classed as a 'donating member' ends on New Years.

I donated last October (I think) but considering how much I use this site I didn't mind that meant for only a few months. When finances are better I should chuck in this years tenner - I just keep forgetting
Old 20th May 2016, 07:53 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

The dates are in the donor topic in the Meets section. (it's noted in the first post of this topic, and is in the Meets section to keep it private from the public, but I was thinking it might need its own sub-section somewhere).

People can donate any amount in lots of $10 (for 12 months), but I don't recommend donating too much... as I don't want people feeling guilted into donating more than $10, and I would feel really bad if that started happening.
Old 20th May 2016, 08:53 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Is it too late for me to make a recommendation? How about seeing if you qualify for a Patreon creator account? I'd be willing to chip in some money each month if I could just add it to my monthly Patreon donations.
Old 20th May 2016, 11:35 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I was reading the first post of this thread and Griffin said that if a big enough war chest was established then we could look at a dedicated convention... man that would be awesome maybe with so help from Hasbros and their new found dedication to the Aussie market... one can dream
Old 21st May 2016, 07:50 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
The dates are in the donor topic in the Meets section.

People can donate any amount in lots of $10 (for 12 months),
Wow - everything I said in my previous post was dead wrong