Page 30 of 120 FirstFirst ... 102025262728293031323334354050 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Was just in the Whirl review thread on TFW with a picture of him holding the little Generations minicons by the foot when I said they remind me of the Ammonites from MTMTE #22. It now occured to me that that is what they are.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ammonite

Now I NEED these guys.

EDIT: Oh, they come with MTMTE #24, which has ammonites in it. Never realised.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

After only recently working out what these actually were, and how they differ from the JP BotCon trio, I got my first JP Choro Q toys today, and had such a laugh with the Megatron one.
    There are three moulds (Optimus, Rodimus and gun Megatron) and two decos for each mould (cartoon, and metallic/sparkly)... but the gimmick is the pull back motor on each.

Yes.... even Megatron.
    And yes.... he's a gun.

So, transforming Megatron into a gun and laying him on his side, I pull him back and let it go.... and the gun just "drives off" on its own.
    It is so funny.
    It's like watching one of those couch cars driving around.

After doing that a few times, laughing with each one, I then pull back Megatron and say, "Decepticons, transform and roll out" and let go.
    So funny.
    To me at least...

(word of warning for anyone thinking of buying these - the "metallic" ones suffer from Brittle Plastic Syndrom)

I've been looking for a JP Convoy for a while now. The other two Botcon Choros(mirage & megatron) i can do without, but i want that Convoy

I was a bit surprised that those three BotCon ones (Mirage, Optimus, tank Megatron) aren't convertible. They are certainly really expensive on ebay... so I don't have them yet.
    These transformable ones were released a couple years after the BotCon ones, are more fun than I had expected.

$120 just for Convoy still expensive, but better than what wheeljackslab was selling it for at one point: $200~
    I still want one though

The shoulders on Transmetal Tarantulas come forward during transformation. I always used to flip the arms out, position the shoulder wheels and flip the arms back in again. I had no idea until the other day that his shoulders pivot out from his orange shell and come forward. I've had this figure for 16 years. It blew my mind.

It makes him look significantly bulkier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I just realised that Classics 'Bee and that RTS 'Bee have the same paint job, but RTS is in black. Actual application is exactly the same! Wow.
    Talk about a lazy repaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I just realised that Classics 'Bee and that RTS 'Bee have the same paint job, but RTS is in black. Actual application is exactly the same! Wow.
    I had a look at my toys and was wondering, what the heck? My Classics and RTS have different paint aps... and looked around for ages in my collection for another Hasbro version of that mould, and failed.
    So I had to resort to looking it up online, and there is indeed a third one (that I don't own).
    The Classics version
    The RTS version
    And the Walmart version - same paint apps as the Classics version, but black instead of white... which I don't have, because it was packed with two other Bumblebee toys that were identical to their earlier releases.
    (I don't like wasting money on duplicates)

Without me looking through the archives, was that 3-pack released here? It was in America September 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I had a look at my toys and was wondering, what the heck? My Classics and RTS have different paint aps... and looked around for ages in my collection for another Hasbro version of that mould, and failed.
    So I had to resort to looking it up online, and there is indeed a third one (that I don't own).
    The Classics version
    The RTS version
    And the Walmart version - same paint apps as the Classics version, but black instead of white... which I don't have, because it was packed with two other Bumblebee toys that were identical to their earlier releases.
    (I don't like wasting money on duplicates)

Without me looking through the archives, was that 3-pack released here? It was in America September 2008.
    That 3 Pack must have been released here. I thought that was the RTS Bee, as that's the card back I found after selling it...

SO how many classic bees do I actually have? I must have the RTS bee hanging around somewhere too.

IIRC the triple pack was a myer one.... I think I bought it for the Masked movie Bumblebee, (I thought it was a yellow version of 'stealth bumblebee')

This is getting distressing....