Page 43 of 120 FirstFirst ... 233338394041424344454647485363 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Generations FOC Ultra Magnus: his huge sword splits into three pieces and can combine with his gun to form an even bigger sword!

Generations FOC Sideswipe: the barrel of his huge gun can retract
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post
    Generations FOC Sideswipe: the barrel of his huge gun can retract
    Only when it's cold
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post

2) Foil stickers are horrible to try an apply because they are magnetic
    Highly static.
    though the apparent effect is similar. try to avoid staticy clothing and staticy surroundings while applying the teensy foil stickers. Earth yourself to something metallic.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Not a toy thing, but while finishing up my BotCon report, I was researching the character of Olin Zarak that they had as the head of Scorponok, I wanted to find out if Zarak was ever referred to in original series as a last name, and TFWiki mentions that IDW had made Zarak a last name, by giving him a first name - Mo.
    It was in the Ultra Magnus spotlight, so was a long time ago now to remember it, but I was not aware that his iconic name had been retconed from being a first name to a last name. (because "Lord" or "Lady" is seen here to be used with a first or last name, and this was a fictional characters that might only have one name, or was a self-appointed Lord (as a dictator would) and forced everyone else use the prefix)

Does anyone more familiar with the original cartoon and comic, recall if Zarak was specifically referred to in a way that implied that his was a last name while every other Nebulan was a first name?

(Now I just think of the bartender in the Simpsons when seeing IDW's name for Zarak)

I always took Zarak to be a last name because of the Lord, reading if like "Mr Zarak" compared to the other names, since I'm familiar with Lord in the context of a surname, (unlike if he was Sir Zarak)

Alternatively, was Llyra ever referred to as either Lady Llyra or Llyra Zarak?

I think of her as "Llyra Zarak" but I don't know I ever read that anywhere.

Was he referred to as "Lord Zarak" more or less than just "Zarak"?
    I have this feeling that he wasn't called Lord too often... but on his Techspec he was called Lord of the Evil Nebulans, so could still just be a self-imposed title that doesn't have to follow existing doctrine.

I'm going to have to re-watch Rebirth and flick through the Marvel comics to see which was used more.
    Maybe it's like the red bumper on Ultra Magnus in the cartoon - it was something really obvious all this time, but was just never noticed before.

Snapdragon's Techspecs also mention Krunk as the vicious, vile bodyguard to the Nebulan Leader, Lord Zarak

Hmmm.... that reminds me, there was also a Targetmaster who was a cousin I think.

I guess my "blindspot" of it being a last name stems from everyone else being single-named characters on techspecs, so just saw his as being the same.