Page 460 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 440450455456457458459460461462463464465470480 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

I didn't bother getting Ti Series Soundwave - but I've seen it IRL... the "nappy" look isn't flattering. Music Label Soundwave superior: Titanium Soundwave inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I didn't bother getting Ti Series Soundwave - but I've seen it IRL... the "nappy" look isn't flattering. Music Label Soundwave superior: Titanium Soundwave inferior.
    I agree the size of the 'T' crotch on Ti Soundwave is a bit unfortunate, but my problem with the figure lies elsewhere; namely, the inability to stand up under his own wait as the leg's construction relied purely on friction to brace and bare the weight of the diecast torso above - a fundamental flaw that shouldn't have gone without notice by the engineers/quality testers.

Hence why my own resides nigh permanently in Alt mode, his box/packaging though was awesome!

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/1/13/Tr...t_stingray.jpg

How good would this guy be as a Pre-BW Depth Charge?!

Apparently its an unreleased Decepticon mold.
    Last edited by griffin; 1st March 2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: hotlinking forbidden, as per board rules - please post links or host copies

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I highly doubt it. Entirely different toy that was conceived for G1. Other than transforming into a robotic sting ray, I see no similarities between this design and the Depth Charge mould. Seawing transforms into a stingray too but that mould is nothing like Depth Charge at all. The Seawing mould was reused in Beast Wars as Terrormander.

A proper "pre-design" would be something that was conceived but then altered/modifed for the final product - an example would be prototype Godbomber or the various Pre-Transformers (Diaclone, Microman et al.). Some toy designs/concepts have served as inspirations for later Transformers, for example Takara's Koutetsu Zeag - the head of that robot was probably the inspiration for Diaclone Lancia Stratos Normal Type (Wheeljack) and Takara have admitted that the Headmaster gimmick was inspired from Koutetsu Zeag (re: Ono Koujin interview).

Umm, what?! I was asking people's opinion, not for it's factual validity. The only skeric of opinion I can get from your post, Gok, is 'I highly doubt it' which isn't really an opinion at all, is it?!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Oh sorry, I misread your post. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I agree the size of the 'T' crotch on Ti Soundwave is a bit unfortunate, but my problem with the figure lies elsewhere; namely, the inability to stand up under his own wait as the leg's construction relied purely on friction to brace and bare the weight of the diecast torso above - a fundamental flaw that shouldn't have gone without notice by the engineers/quality testers.
    True, mine "leans" to one side coz the lag can't support the heavy body, sigh

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I highly doubt it. Entirely different toy that was conceived for G1. Other than transforming into a robotic sting ray, I see no similarities between this design and the Depth Charge mould. Seawing transforms into a stingray too but that mould is nothing like Depth Charge at all. The Seawing mould was reused in Beast Wars as Terrormander.

A proper "pre-design" would be something that was conceived but then altered/modifed for the final product - an example would be prototype Godbomber or the various Pre-Transformers (Diaclone, Microman et al.). Some toy designs/concepts have served as inspirations for later Transformers, for example Takara's Koutetsu Zeag - the head of that robot was probably the inspiration for Diaclone Lancia Stratos Normal Type (Wheeljack) and Takara have admitted that the Headmaster gimmick was inspired from Koutetsu Zeag (re: Ono Koujin interview).
    Oooh Jeeg robot I rmember him back in the eighties... its one of the casualties of the Marcos regime in TV shows in Phils along with Voltez V, Mazinger Z and all great robots shows plus the Super Sentai series that all got cancelled - his reason - it's too violent for kids - they emulate such violence ... pffft yeah right...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Umm, what?! I was asking people's opinion, not for it's factual validity. The only skeric of opinion I can get from your post, Gok, is 'I highly doubt it' which isn't really an opinion at all, is it?!
    Well, it is a stingray mold but it has that "decepticon" vibe to it Verno, probably a little tweaking to it to make it more "friendlier" in look and color and make it bigger, say deluxe size big.... then I can see it as a pre BW DC
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Depth Charge wasn't very "friendly"... so maybe that sort of Vigilante/Decepticon aesthetic would work on him?
    He was kinda like a Gen1 (comic) Dinobot - barely an Autobot/Predacon by choice, or had grown so bitter by the wars, that rules no longer mattered.

A little bit of tweaking for sure Liege, ballpoints for starters But as a base to work from, and indeed enlarge, he's got all the makings of a 'Dawn of Futures Past'-esk Depth Charge, back when we was battling X on Colony Omicron!

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/1/13/Tr...t_stingray.jpg

How good would this guy be as a Pre-BW Depth Charge?!

Apparently its an unreleased Decepticon mold.
    Meh, it's kinda blocky IMO. I'd go for something more like RotF Mindwipe or G2 Dreadwing myself.