Page 22 of 307 FirstFirst ... 21217181920212223242526273242 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

btw does anyone know a good method for applying the decals?
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    I never apply the decals actually

Uppdated pic of the upcoming 1/2000 SDF-1

Which brings us to where we are today...

Is that the final colours? I remember a darker scheme and I preferred that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    I'm with Tober too. Though I only just got my 1st 1/60 in the mail today, the SV-51 Nora is just beautiful already w/out it so I see no point in the decals. Maybe down the line with some other purchases but if they look as sleek as the Nora out of box, I can't see myself touching them. I hate G1 stickers and really have only ever stuck with them for the added detail and accuracy they gave.

I've received both my Ex-Gear and Nora. I haven't transformed the Nora yet, too little time tonight but I am setting tmrw night for the challenge.

Today, I played with the Ex-Gear. Love it to bits. A few things that irked me are all the parts but really I think those issues are that I'm not use to the Jap mentality of heaps of detachable parts. The real quibble I have it is with the articulation in the shoulders/legs and the crotch piece. Would like to get the other three too if they appear.

And thanks again Tober/Fungal. This thread was around a long time and I was always in and out but I can safely say now that I'm a Macross fan for life. The Nora epitomises everything I'd love a TF to be, well so far in alt mode anyway. The sheer perfection and attention detail are unparalleled. Perhaps it's that there are few TF jets of this caliber but I can't think of many TF alt modes that would rival this just on the level of detail and intricacy.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I recently applied the stickers to my VF-1A, and i think it makes a huge difference! I used to be anti-sticker, mainly because i wished as a kid that they wouldn't fall off, leave residue or become crooked. But, these days the stickers are better quality and my placing skills are much better!

I just bend the sticker page and then carefully use a scalpel to peel them off and help to place. You'll want to avoid poking at the edges with the blade though, particularly stickers that have to go onto a dark background. Then use a cotton wool bud or toothpick to gently make sure it's stuck down properly!

I have read that you can dip stickers in water so they don't stick straight away, but i haven't tried it myself - i imagine it also makes it harder to get them in the right spot!

my brand new low vis VF-1S.
    ~

That Low Vis looks pretty cool, with the dollar up I think it might be time for me to add a new Valk to my collection.

I've only realy placed stickers on my Valkyries once on an old 1/60, and I customised that one with black panel lines etc. Came out ok in the end, but overall it's not that big a deal. I usualy just apply the main ones, unit markings, Koenig Monsters painted eyes etc, if they don't have them already.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    And thanks again Tober/Fungal. This thread was around a long time and I was always in and out but I can safely say now that I'm a Macross fan for life. The Nora epitomises everything I'd love a TF to be, well so far in alt mode anyway. The sheer perfection and attention detail are unparalleled. Perhaps it's that there are few TF jets of this caliber but I can't think of many TF alt modes that would rival this just on the level of detail and intricacy.
    Bingo! Exspensive as the Macross items are they make most TF's look like ...well... kids toys. Mr Kawamori's designs are inspired if you ask me (I also collect his line art books to actualy), and most of the recent releases capture all the subtle details that makes Valkyries so cool.

Also they kick butt with their crazy hyperactive missile dodging devil may care flying.

A 1/1 scale Valkyrie that catches pretty asian women falling out of nowhere:

DECULTURE!!

ok, it's an ad for a pachinko game.

New pics of the Bandai 1/60 DX VF-27

Any idea when that vf 27 is due out.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    New pics of the Bandai 1/60 DX VF-27

Damn, thats hot. Added to the shopping list.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky