Page 107 of 154 FirstFirst ... 8797102103104105106107108109110111112117127 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I wonder if McDonald's will promote this film with an "I'm loving IT" promotion? They could bring back the star pupil of Pennywise/IT that we all know as Ronald McDonald.

I cant wait.
    Going to surprise the mrs with tickets & not tell her what we're watching. I'll pretend it's some sappy rom-com

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I cant wait.
    Going to surprise the mrs with tickets & not tell her what we're watching. I'll pretend it's some sappy rom-com
    Oh you're evil hahahaha. I like it

Saw Wonder Woman. Really enjoyed it.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I like how this movie had a blend of bright colours in the scenes on Themyscira, then switching the the darker tones of WWI.

Things that I particularly liked:
    * The action sequences, especially the Amazons -- phwoar!
    * The way that Wonder Woman's powers gradually develop
    * The true identity of the core protagonist. Did not see that coming.
    * Diana's innocence being used as a mirror to reflect our humanity, particularly in showcasing attitudes on gender and racial issues.
    * Actually explaining why the hell the Amazons speak English! Nice!

Small gripes:
    * "That conversation" on the boat was completely unnecessary. Still, nowhere near as creepy as "that scene" from Age of Extinction - importantly it didn't occupy an entire scene (and Diana isn't a freakin' minor!).
    * The hotel room scene. Again, unnecessary and doesn't really advance the plot line. They already establish Steve and Diana's feelings in other scenes, especially in the scene when Steve gives Diana his watch. The Empire Strikes Back was able to establish the fact that Han and Leia loved each other without needing to resort to this. But again, at least it was a fairly short moment in the film and all very suggestive.

I watched one video which criticised Wonder Woman's costume for having a skirt and claiming that Wonder Woman should never wear a skirt. Either super-short tights or super-tight pants. It's not a freakin' skirt, it's a leather-strip armour that the Greeks and Romans wore known as Pteruges! I quite like how Wonder Woman's costume is actually meant to be a piece of Amazonian light armour.

Just like she does in the movie, Wonder Woman is kicking all kinds of arse at the box office

Wonder Woman has very easily kicked the arse of Batman vs Superman. Which bodes well for the upcoming Justice League movie in November.

...although Justice League is mostly directed by Zack Snyder, so I dunno. But on the other hand, Joss Whedon is now doing reshoots, post-production and final editing, so it'll be interesting to see what he brings. Also, Snyder's directing of Superman may be different in a film without Superman, as the main problem with his Superman directing is his lack of understanding of the character.

Although the circumstances as to why Snyder had to hand over the directing helm to Whedon is truly tragic. No matter what any of us think about him as a director, as a fellow human being my heart breaks for him and his family.

Superman will appear in Justice League I reckon anyway

Snyder's dark tone and characterisation might suit a newly resurrected Superman, as he wears that black suit and wouldn't be his usual chipper self. Problem is that Snyder's Superman has always been so dark and sullen that you'd barely be able to tell the difference.

Also enjoyed Wonder Woman, it felt like its own film separate in tone from the other DC universe movies and Marvel Cinematic Universe.