Page 384 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 364374379380381382383384385386387388389394404 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Is that a typo, Hursti? Even if I count Overkill and Slugfest I can only think of six.
    There's 7 isn't there? - Wait, let me go and confirm...
    Yay! - My noobness knows no bounds!

What I am meaning to say, drawing on what VP has said, was that this Marlboro Wheeljack figure is indeed rare and unique which has clearly been demonstrated by the level of demand Heroic's receiving. I reckon that HD should keep it in his collection but if he indeed does decide to sell/trade it then I think that it should be for something that He has truly been after and that would also complete his TF collection - Which would be the 4 Japanese Mini-Cassettes.

There used to be lots of GiG ones of these around HD, and I remember MISB ones three-to-five years ago that went from $600 up. Judging from the interest you've been getting for this Takara one, I'd probably start at $4500 and see if anyone bites.

Was just mucking around on the RBA inflation calculator website (yeah, dont ask) and found this out:
    In 1987 my HunGrrr was worth $12. In today's (actually 2010) dollars that equals $24.80.
    Now I'd have to consider G1 HunGrrr a voyager, at a cost of today's deluxes.
    I thought this was interesting.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    There used to be lots of GiG ones of these around HD, and I remember MISB ones three-to-five years ago that went from $600 up. Judging from the interest you've been getting for this Takara one, I'd probably start at $4500 and see if anyone bites.
    Hmmm... I think that could be the ball park it's in.

I'm on the verge of a very exciting deal with a TFW 2005 member for this piece...!

Milk it for everything it's worth HD!

I can offer a broken paddle pop stick & some pocket lint for your item?

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    I'm on the verge of a very exciting deal with a TFW 2005 member for this piece...!
    This, sounds very interesting, I hope it goes well for you dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    I can offer a broken paddle pop stick & some pocket lint for your item?
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    This, sounds very interesting, I hope it goes well for you dude.
    The deal is near fruition and will likely close today.

It involves a substantial amount of cash (equal to more money I made in a month as a fresh grad back in the day!), AND 1 of my all-time holy trails MIB, complete, C8.

The cash will enable me to pay for another 4 tiny grail pieces *hint* that is part of another deal, without have for PayPal to draw through my credit card, which is a good bonus.

Fingers crossed it all goes as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    The deal is near fruition and will likely close today.

It involves a substantial amount of cash (equal to more money I made in a month as a fresh grad back in the day!), AND 1 of my all-time holy trails MIB, complete, C8.

The cash will enable me to pay for another 4 tiny grail pieces *hint* that is part of another deal, without have for PayPal to draw through my credit card, which is a good bonus.

Fingers crossed it all goes as planned.
    Goodluck, HD!
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Was just mucking around on the RBA inflation calculator website (yeah, dont ask) and found this out:
    In 1987 my HunGrrr was worth $12. In today's (actually 2010) dollars that equals $24.80.
    Now I'd have to consider G1 HunGrrr a voyager, at a cost of today's deluxes.
    I thought this was interesting.
    As I posted a few pages back, G1 Onslaught was sold as a Deluxe when it was sold in today's size classes, so I'd say Hun-Grrr would be too. But $12 in 1987? I recall the Combiner team leaders being closer to the $20 mark in those days. I think my Ruckus box still has a $9 at Kmart from 1988.