Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Deluxe-class Repugnus coming

FatalityPitt Guest

Default Special Edition Titans Return Repugnus Set (w/ Solus Prime)

There's a listing on Amazon for a set that includes Repugnus and Solus Prime. Repugnus will be a headmaster, and his Titan Master's name is "Dastard".

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0785P78QD...eibertron07-20

Strange thing about it is that the Prime Master is Solus Prime. Solus Prime already comes single-carded as Octopunch (hence why I treat this as a rumour).

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    There's a listing on Amazon for a set that includes Repugnus and Solus Prime. Repugnus will be a headmaster, and his Titan Master's name is "Dastard".

Strange thing about it is that the Prime Master is Solus Prime. Solus Prime already comes single-carded as Octopunch (hence why I treat this as a rumour).
    Probably only available to Aussies under Amazon Australia for the bargain price of $650. Thanks again, Gerry Harvey!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Probably only available to Aussies under Amazon Australia for the bargain price of $650. Thanks again, Gerry Harvey!
    Was thinking the same thing lol. Doubt we'll ever see it on our shores, an American exclusive no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post

That's cool, if it becomes available to pre-order prior to July, I'll most likely be grabbing it as soon as I can.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That's cool, if it becomes available to pre-order prior to July, I'll most likely be grabbing it as soon as I can.
    Can you order it now that Amazon US won't ship to Oz?

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Why is it Gerry's fault that Amazon can't program a simple sales tax into its website infrastructure? Goodness knows ebay is getting their site ready and these companies have known the sales tax was coming for years.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Can you order it now that Amazon US won't ship to Oz?
    As far as I understand we can use Amazon US until the start of July when the new tax laws take effect. I don't see the problem with putting in a pre-order before then.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Why is it Gerry's fault that Amazon can't program a simple sales tax into its website infrastructure? Goodness knows ebay is getting their site ready and these companies have known the sales tax was coming for years.
    I think it's more to the point that Amazon don't see it as worth their effort. I don't remember the numbers but their Australian business through the US site makes up a % or less of their business. and it's not just the programming of the sales tax, it's the management and reporting and returning of those dollars to the Australian Government.
    Amazon probably sees development of the Australian store/site as being a better way to make money overall.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I think it's more to the point that Amazon don't see it as worth their effort. I don't remember the numbers but their Australian business through the US site makes up a % or less of their business. and it's not just the programming of the sales tax, it's the management and reporting and returning of those dollars to the Australian Government.
    Amazon probably sees development of the Australian store/site as being a better way to make money overall.
    Yes they are using this as the perfect excuse to drive take-up of the AU site. I know for a fact that Amazon launched here last year because the sales tax threshold was being abolished (as was told to me by a former Amazon executive that reported directly to Bezos).

I'm just a little tired of this false narrative that the local retailers are to blame for Amazon's actions. One of the many large multinationals that actively avoids paying our local corporate taxes while domestic retailers and other businesses pay the full 30%.

Anyway at this stage Amazon do not seem to have ruled out people buying from Amazon US and having it delivered to a US freight forwarder (I use MYUS). If you buy enough stuff the cost difference between having it shipped direct vs by a forwarder is usually insignificant. That's from someone that has bought plenty from Amazon US, Disney store etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    New information on this.

Amazon.ca has a listing for Repugnus. The various Amazon sites around the world are well known for prematurely listing upcoming items and this looks like another case of that.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/05/06/g...azon-ca-363427
    Amazon America have now also listed it, with additional product info...

• Special Edition Titans Return Repugnus and Titan Master Dastard
    • Features a Deluxe Class Repugnus figure with premium deco
    • Also comes with a special edition Prime Master figure, Solus Prime
    • Comes in special edition packaging; celebrate the Prime Wars Trilogy with this collectible set
    • Includes Deluxe Class Repugnus figure, Titan Master Dastard figure, special edition Solus Prime Prime Master figure, 2 accessories, and instructions. Ages 8 and up.
    Still no release date at this stage.
    Last edited by griffin; 5th June 2018 at 06:57 PM.

If Amazon AU doesn't stock him, (which looks pretty likely) there's a good chance RK will stock him as they have the Amazon exclusive Nemesis Prime and Wreck-gar listed.

That's more expense than I'd like to pick up Repugnus, but what do they say about beggars and choosing?