Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RID Decepticon Island Showdown 2-pack at ToysRUs

Default RID Decepticon Island Showdown 2-pack at ToysRUs

This was only first revealed at SDCC just weeks ago, and it has now been found at Australian ToysRUs stores under their exclusive "Clash of the Transformers" banner, before anywhere else in the world.

The two toys inside look like they are the same as the regular releases, but appear to come with a single stasis pod (packed in two halves to look like two) and bonus weapons.

The price is $80.
    That's about US$60, while the US retail price will be US$40.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Yes it is, 'Decepticon Island' or 'Clash of the Transformers' box or something. It says only at Toys R Us. There was no price sticker on the box or on the shelf, the price-check scanner says $79.99
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I didn't even know this was a thing until you mentioned it. Saw it at TRU Moorabbin today. It's something TFs have never really done before - a playset for regular figures and weapon pack. Pretty nifty for fans of the line (although they may already have the two Warrior class toys)

Last edited by griffin; 13th August 2016 at 08:56 PM.

I like the look of this set, I really do, but I don't know that I'll get one for one simple problem, which is the same problem most RiD collectors will have with this set: two of the major components are identical to the toys we probably all have.
    I can't see myself spending $80 on two plastic pods and a few weapons, if they had of at least recolored BBee and Steeljaw I'd consider it, but as it stands what's there is only worth at most $20 to me.
    So at the end of the day a good set for those that don't have those two characters, but the amount of RiD collectors that don't would have to be incredibly small in my opinion

My problem too...

same here. already got Bumblebee and the Takara Steeljaw.

it's a shame they didn't give these guys premium paintjobs or remould/repaint them to look like their upgraded forms from the Decepticon Island finale. would have made the set much more enticing.

but as it is. unless I somehow break both my bumblebee and Steeljaw, I will be waiting for a potential massive clearance markdown.

also. I'm pretty sure the set only comes with 1 stasis pod, it's just split in half to fit in the box. (you can see the cardboard insert from the back of the box through the window of the pod half on the right.) which is a shame. since it'd be nice to get multiple pods, to contain multiple cons.

I was already editing the first post about the stasis pod after someone on facebook said that it looks like just one, packed in two halves... which is a bit misleading, and would have been better value if it had two.

Oh wow, this is only ONE pod? So basically the claim is this one pod is worth $40 alone? This is beyond a joke, is there any chance Takara might release the pod as a stand alone item or with some repaints at least, cause while I really would like some pods there is no way I can justify this purchase

Seen it tonight in TRU Penrith and it is indeed just one stasis pod, they are packed in half and need to be assembled. But as most $80 for a stasis pod is not really worth it.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Megatran Guest

The stasis pod is a parts-former.

Hope these boxes aren't a target for sticky fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Oh wow, this is only ONE pod? So basically the claim is this one pod is worth $40 alone? This is beyond a joke, is there any chance Takara might release the pod as a stand alone item or with some repaints at least, cause while I really would like some pods there is no way I can justify this purchase
    Warrior class toys are $30 each so really the Pod and weapons together make up the extra $20

It's Malibu Stacey with a new Stasis Pod!