Page 28 of 154 FirstFirst ... 81823242526272829303132333848 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    For Stompy

This is the guy I won mine from too. Good bargains from his listed auctions
    Thanks STL!

Wow. This might push me to finally go on ebay! I am a total ebay newbie and I'm afraid I might go crazy once in.

GP: I wasn't too keen ont he Tumbler at all. The Joker van + Joker mini-fig is nice but I will stick with my Batmobile + Two-Face van. I got lucky with the Batmobile. There was one lonesome box of it at Big W.

In the Lego Batman game I noticed a few other sets crop up. The police vehicles were from last years sets and the Penguin Submarine is actually the totally awesome Aqua Raiders Submarine redone in black.

I want a Catwoman minifig. Off to bricklink I guess!

Mel: That Troll Warship will go down in price again. It's shelfwarming everywhere I go. Also it's just one huge boat mould. The build of it won't be very interesting. Much like the Coast Guard ship that STL got for his sister. Just full of big pieces and hardly any construction at all. I hope you find last years Castle Sets. Especially the Skeleton Carriage. That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Mel: That Troll Warship will go down in price again. It's shelfwarming everywhere I go. Also it's just one huge boat mould. The build of it won't be very interesting. Much like the Coast Guard ship that STL got for his sister.
    I thought it was done in the same manner as the old Pirate ships. So like the ends and middle were separate parts so they make the boats longer/shorter set to set.

GP: I wasn't too keen ont he Tumbler at all. The Joker van + Joker mini-fig is nice but I will stick with my Batmobile + Two-Face van. I got lucky with the Batmobile. There was one lonesome box of it at Big W.

In the Lego Batman game I noticed a few other sets crop up. The police vehicles were from last years sets and the Penguin Submarine is actually the totally awesome Aqua Raiders Submarine redone in black.

I want a Catwoman minifig. Off to bricklink I guess!
    I'm not keen on that tumbler either. I'd love to get my hands on that Two-Face set, and maybe some more goons from bricklink.
    And it was good to see the city sets used in the game, makes sense when you think about it.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I thought it was done in the same manner as the old Pirate ships. So like the ends and middle were separate parts so they make the boats longer/shorter set to set.
    You're right! I've never actually built a pirate ship of any sort. Always saw the tanker mould which was one huge piece.

You're right! I've never actually built a pirate ship of any sort. Always saw the tanker mould which was one huge piece.
    The tanker mould is just one big piece, but that is so it can float in water.
    In one of the older city series they had a whole big thing about boats that could actually float.
    I got one of the old hulls somewhere around here. I found that, although it could float, one small wave to the side of the vessel would capsize it almost immediately
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    The tanker mould is just one big piece, but that is so it can float in water.
    In one of the older city series they had a whole big thing about boats that could actually float.
    I got one of the old hulls somewhere around here. I found that, although it could float, one small wave to the side of the vessel would capsize it almost immediately
    That's why boat sets came with keels.

Mel: That Troll Warship will go down in price again. It's shelfwarming everywhere I go. Also it's just one huge boat mould. The build of it won't be very interesting. Much like the Coast Guard ship that STL got for his sister. Just full of big pieces and hardly any construction at all. I hope you find last years Castle Sets. Especially the Skeleton Carriage. That's awesome!
    Wow that's good if the price really drops again, I'm trying to complete the Castle Sets. Thanks to Pulse, he's giving me the Skeleton Carriage and Knights Defence sets 7090 and 7091. Then I also have the Dwarves set coming from ebay in the next week or so. Got that for AUD$59.50 shipped, which was a pretty good buy.

Anyway I picked this up before the Kmart sale ended. Couldn't find anymore other sets which I wanted for the moment. Also good in a way, can ease the poor wallet for a bit.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

its been fun to watch mel sink slowly into the hold of lego

Lego is another black hole, as bad as TF...

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    its been fun to watch mel sink slowly into the hold of lego
    You missed out on the part of the obligatory .... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA laugh there Autocon, along with the scheming rubbing of the hands together
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Getting off my butt and starting to take pictures again (courtesy of a bit more time too now)

Gonna build it now while I watch Scrubs!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection