Page 45 of 75 FirstFirst ... 253540414243444546474849505565 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

Looks like I need a third one.

Seriously the transformation! The chest, the thighs, and the feet!

I think it's the comprises that the TT designers have to make make them come up with much more elegant designs than the 3p ones. Most of the 3p Megatrons try to have the chest panel actually transform like the G1 toy did. TT ditched this idea altogether so the upper body transformation is so much more stream-lined, and symmetrical too.

I watched part of the video but I damn hope the transformation doesn't involve too much force or use of those horrid c-shaped hinges. My MP05 already has a detached arm

Aww, poor MP5. Before we all go MP5 hatin' when this toy comes out, bear in mind that:
    * MP5 is 10 years older
    * MP5 was designed in a rush - Yuki Hisashi had like only a week to design MP5! Bear in mind that the average Transformer toy takes a year from inception to final product. I suspect that MP36 was designed under more normal conditions with a much longer time frame.

So comparing MP5 with MP36 is kinda like if I asked an artist to draw or paint a picture of Megatron. The first artist is given a month to work on the art piece while the other is given a minute. I think that MP5 is an astoundingly great toy given the conditions that it was created under!

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

the whole top of the figure under his head is a freaking mess

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The scratching on the barrel where the silencer slides over it is interesting. I wonder if there is a lining we can get to hide inside the silencer?

Does anyone here think that this version of Megatron should have been help up two Masterpiece releases?

Just so he could have been M"P-38" Megatron?

Loving the separate laser effect for his hand gun or dagger, after the 1-piece dagger for MP-5, the pictures of MP-36's accessories, and the unclear package contents from Tomy Malls website, I was afraid it be a 1-piece again. Just a shame there isn't a similar blast effect for his Fusion cannon.

The voice chip would be pretty easy to change. Assuming it's not too difficult (ie I wont damage it) I'll take mine apart and see what type of chip it is, then I'll post an eBay link for all the parts you'd need to make a Frank Welker English version one. It's not like it's 1986 anymore these voice chips are chipsplay to program and replace, it's getting clean samples or cleaning samples of Mr Welker that'll be difficult.
    'The Spark's Willing, but the Metal's Fatigued'
    Ghost of Starscream

Truth be told, if "batteries are included" then yay I'll have a play with the light/sound features then take the batteries out. If not, I'll enjoy the toy otherwise but not bother getting the batteries.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Aww, poor MP5. Before we all go MP5 hatin' when this toy comes out, bear in mind that:
    * MP5 is 10 years older
    * MP5 was designed in a rush - Yuki Hisashi had like only a week to design MP5! Bear in mind that the average Transformer toy takes a year from inception to final product. I suspect that MP36 was designed under more normal conditions with a much longer time frame.

So comparing MP5 with MP36 is kinda like if I asked an artist to draw or paint a picture of Megatron. The first artist is given a month to work on the art piece while the other is given a minute. I think that MP5 is an astoundingly great toy given the conditions that it was created under!
    I don't care actually, it's TT product, nobody asked them to rush it out etc... you bare the responsibility of your product issues. Factors etc are excuses for poorly made toy.

There is a saying, we can only judge based on a product you provide so end of the day it's judge on the final product not how fast you design or made it.
    Last edited by drifand; 28th March 2017 at 12:38 PM.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Truth be told, if "batteries are included" then yay I'll have a play with the light/sound features then take the batteries out. If not, I'll enjoy the toy otherwise but not bother getting the batteries.
    Shock wave did not include so this will follow suit

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I don't care actually, it's TT product, nobody asked them to rush it out etc... you bare the responsibility of your product issues. Factors etc are excuses for poorly made toy.
    Couldn't agree more. If it was truly designed in a week then that just reeks of a cash grab. Why on earth would they do that to a major character like Megatron? Would love to hear the reason why it was rushed out like that but doubt we will ever know.