Page 87 of 154 FirstFirst ... 6777828384858687888990919297107 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Watching Terminator Genisys right now. What a mess, I should turn it off but I'm irrationally compelled to see it out. The whole time travel thing is out of control. Remember how confused people were by Back to the Future II - their brains would explode watching this!

On the other hand, I watched the Extended Cut of Batman vs Superman for a second time today and enjoyed it more than my first viewing. While I much prefer the Christian Bale Batman films, I thought this one was solid and obviously is setting the stage for Justice League, Suicide Squad etc.

Just finished watching The Killing Joke and all that can be said about this brilliant work based on a brilliant work has already been said.

Green Room
    A band goes to a gig at a skinhead bar, things happen.

WOW! Very tense, brutal. Only 90mins but feels much quicker due to a very tight pace. No complaints here, it's just a great movie.
    9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Green Room
    A band goes to a gig at a skinhead bar, things happen.

WOW! Very tense, brutal. Only 90mins but feels much quicker due to a very tight pace. No complaints here, it's just a great movie.
    9/10
    And Patrick Stewart did it once as a very charismatic villain in Conspiracy Theory and the great actor does it again in Green Room.

Superman has super speed. He could've totally restrained Batman before in the blink of an eye, and then attempted to negotiate with him. Batman would be completely immobilised (anyone who's ever been grappled will know how immobilising it is, imagine how much more so it would be if your grappler had super strength!) and incapable of using any of his weapons against Superman. The idea of Superman getting into a punching match with Batman made no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Watching Terminator Genisys right now. What a mess, I should turn it off but I'm irrationally compelled to see it out. The whole time travel thing is out of control. Remember how confused people were by Back to the Future II - their brains would explode watching this!
    That's what I keep saying to people. The bad thing about going back in time to change things is that things get changed.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Superman has super speed. He could've totally restrained Batman before in the blink of an eye, and then attempted to negotiate with him. Batman would be completely immobilised (anyone who's ever been grappled will know how immobilising it is, imagine how much more so it would be if your grappler had super strength!) and incapable of using any of his weapons against Superman. The idea of Superman getting into a punching match with Batman made no sense to me.
    I woulda commented on your FB post, but am blocked from doing so for another 20 something days haha. Anyway here is my response

Read The Dark Knight Returns. As with this movie, it shows Batman to use gadgets and tricks to incapacitate Supes. Batman kicks his arse and rightly so

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Batman kicks his arse and rightly so
    Batman (and myself) approve of this statement.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I find levels arbitrary and who beats who is at the mercy of the writer. I mean, look, Squirrel Girl beat Galactus FFS.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Very true. But that Frank Miller comic is too damn awesome lol