Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: APS-01U Ultimate Optimus from Hasbro HK

Looking at those in-hand pictures, I suspect the reason they haven't gone with the pinstriped flame outlines is that putting them on would mainly be for the sake of the vehicle mode. Given the lengths to which they've gone in lavishing this bot mode with all those painted details and accessories, they're probably not expecting too many people to be displaying this in truck mode.

It's still a lovely truck, but the bot mode is really where the action is for this one. Especially nice if you do have a chromed-up buster to have nearby in truck mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Yongeltron View Post
    Looking at those in-hand pictures, I suspect the reason they haven't gone with the pinstriped flame outlines is that putting them on would mainly be for the sake of the vehicle mode. Given the lengths to which they've gone in lavishing this bot mode with all those painted details and accessories, they're probably not expecting too many people to be displaying this in truck mode.

It's still a lovely truck, but the bot mode is really where the action is for this one. Especially nice if you do have a chromed-up buster to have nearby in truck mode.
    I actually disagree. I feel that the fact that you can attach, from the looks of it, every single one of those accessories in truck mode makes it more appealing to display it like that, looking like an Earth truck completely tricked out with crazy Cybertronian weaponry.

On the other hand, whilst I know the backpack doesn't attach to Buster in robot mode, I have no idea if it would be possible to sub in Buster in vehicle mode, so that's a possibility.

But at $300 it's out of my price range just now, so I'll have to leave it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This looks to be out now, and a gallery of in-hand photos can be seen here.
    Oh nice... and I am more in love with this now that there are high res photos out.

Can't wait to get him delivered.

Edit: Ick there is paint chipping on the last photos due to the grill being used as his feet. Sad. Gotta be careful with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This looks to be out now, and a gallery of in-hand photos can be seen here.
    Those pics combined with that price tag is such a tease. Such a stunning piece, but sadly too rich for me. I'll just continue to drool at my screen and admire this work of art from afar....

Just got an email from Robot Kingdom saying this guy is shipped so I have my fingers tightly crossed he might arrive tomorrow (hopefully when I'm home!). Really looking forward to seeing what his detail looks like in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Just got an email from Robot Kingdom saying this guy is shipped so I have my fingers tightly crossed he might arrive tomorrow (hopefully when I'm home!). Really looking forward to seeing what his detail looks like in hand.
    Post pics please!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

^^ Yes! This! If I can't have him then at least I can enjoy pics of someone else enjoying him!! Would love to see more.

I FINALLY received Optimus on Monday afternoon so I haven't had much time to muck around with him but OMG he is AWESOME! The box is impressive of itself! When I slid the plastic out to reveal Optimus my son's jaw dropped to the floor and he wouldn't leave my side wanting to pose HIS figures too (hence a pic with CW Megs).
    I know people have been a bit nitpicky about no pinstripes, but I don't think it lessens the wow factor or enjoyment - not for me anyway.
    I've never had this mould before but even with the brief time I've had to handle the figure so far I can see why people love it. Admittedly I haven't had a chance to transform him yet...

The bonus cube that comes with him is surprisingly small, but I guess when you put it into perspective with Optimus' height it works.

I'll try and take more photos when I have time and eventually post a review of him on my blog.

So far I am not regretting the expense at all.

Here are a few photos...

Straight out of the box:

With DMK01:

With Combiner Wars Megatron:

The (shockingly tiny) cube:

WHOA THAT IS AWESOME!
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Drool
    '
    '
    '
    '