Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: toywiz.com feedback

Businesses being related or not, this topic is for feedback from people who have used the toywiz site, not any other site. If you have experience, good or bad, or can link to somewhere else that has posted up a good or bad review, then please do. Heresay and speculation from what has been circulating online will not help anyone, if there is no proof to back up your claims.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Griffin, this thread was moved here from General. I replied in a manner fitting that forum. It was moved here AFTER I'd posted.

Proof? Easy. Some of it goes back a looooong way.

But just google 'Toywiz scam' and see for yourself. Plenty of related terms will get you results.

There's been a LOT written about them over the years. For instance, the 'World Of Springfield Pin Pals' thing I mentioned was probably almost 10 years ago, at this point.

And MUCH has been made of the relationship between the brothers. (As of now, a HEAP of people are still screwed from Wizard not giving refunds on non-existent magazine subscriptions. Google that too. Again, PLENTY of info.)

Google 'Toywiz Shamus' and see what the TOP results are. The TOP results for searching the site/business name, and the surname of the owner. If even THAT gives you shoddy results and complaints, what does that say? Does it sound like a place you want to give money to?

*The Wizard stuff is long and complicated. But worth a read. There's even a hilarious video of their founder doing his best to dodge a customer at a con. It's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I've ordered from them twice - TFC Inferno and eHobby Overcharge. Both were reasonably priced when compared to eBay otherwise I wouldn't have bothered ordering from them.

Sure, a lot of their items are over-priced but you will be able to find some bargains every so often.

I had no trouble whatsoever in dealing with Toywiz.
    Well if I can't find what I'm looking for elsewhere, I guess I'll have to take a stab in the dark and order off Toywiz. The items I'm looking for aren't particularly cheap, but they cannot be found elsewhere on the bloody interwebs.

If you do order from them, post how it goes here, so that others have a first-hand, recent account on how the toywiz site currently operates.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If you do order from them, post how it goes here, so that others have a first-hand, recent account on how the toywiz site currently operates.
    Just put down an order for some brick toys. Paid with Mastercard and er, isn't the transaction meant to be instant? And don't they usually ask for those 3 digits on the back of your card?

Weird. Maybe the transaction comes later :/

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Just put down an order for some brick toys. Paid with Mastercard and er, isn't the transaction meant to be instant? And don't they usually ask for those 3 digits on the back of your card?

Weird. Maybe the transaction comes later :/
    Not all stores require the CSV. It is highly abnormal these days, though.

As to it coming off the card, that varies a lot, depending on system and bank. I'm guessing they back-end process it, so you'll see it 'taken' within the next 24 hours, as a hold.

And I think it's kinda obvious that you WILL have a fantastic experience with them now.

They're aware of this thread, won't be hard to make sure they treat the Aussie who just ordered well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Not all stores require the CSV. It is highly abnormal these days, though.

As to it coming off the card, that varies a lot, depending on system and bank. I'm guessing they back-end process it, so you'll see it 'taken' within the next 24 hours, as a hold.

And I think it's kinda obvious that you WILL have a fantastic experience with them now.

They're aware of this thread, won't be hard to make sure they treat the Aussie who just ordered well.
    Funny you say that because I just got an email saying that there's been an urgent issue with my order and that I have to contact THEIR number, an AMERICAN number to resolve it.

I emailed them asking why I can't just discuss the matter over emails with no response. By the way I now have also been charged too for the order.

Now I have to go through the efforts of finding a way to contacting them to see what is wrong with my order.

Usually I'm not a person that believes in the idea of using first impressions of people/businesses against them for the rest of their life but when a representative comes on this board saying that this business has offered over 20 years of 'great' service and then something like this happens it just makes my experience with toywiz non-pleasant.

The fact that I have to now go out of my way to call a damn American number which costs me extra money is just so goddamn vexing. Tis' a real shame that no other online stores, not even ebay offers the goods I'm looking for.

Just called them using a $10 phone card and you know what the issue was?

They needed the security code on the back of the card.

AWHDSLJAKSDHLJALKSDLJKASdlhaDLASDLKAJD

WHY NOT OFFER THAT OPTION ON YOUR SITE IN THE FIRST PLACE INSTEAD OF MAKING ME SPEND ANOTHER $10!!>!?!?!?

AJKRHJLAHDSLJHLFALJKGLAJKSLHALJKHL@HLJKHELJDLHSJDA d

So I guess if you buy from Toywiz, USE PAYPAL

On a positive note, at least the fella on the phone was nice. And it was interesting talking to an actual American!

@ SkyWarp91 - You should send Bebs feedback.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    @ SkyWarp91 - You should send Bebs feedback.
    Done!

Update: Seems the order has been quickly dispatched with UPS. Keep in mind though, that if you want your items to be sent registered (signature on arrival) then you have to spend over $175 on the order (which I did) for better security.

So props with speed on delivery.