Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NY Toyfair 2018 TFs Toy displays

Default NY Toyfair 2018 TFs Toy displays

Toyfair in America is now in full swing, and the invited fansites and media have descended on the Transformers toy displays.

And lots of new toys have been revealed this year from most of the toylines to be released this year, but not the Bumblebee Movie toyline.
    (more links might be added, as galleries are still being posted by major fansites right now)

Cyberverse - TFW - Seibertron - BWTF -

POTP - TFW - Seibertron & here - BWTF -

Predaking - TFW & here - Seibertron - youtube video -

Movie Studio Series - TFW - Seibertron - BWTF -

Movie Masterpiece - TFW - Seibertron - BWTF -

Rescue Bots - TFW - BWTF - Seibertron -

POTP Official images - TFW & here -
    Studio Series Official images - TFW & here -
    Rescue Bots Official images - BWTF -
    Cyberverse Official images - TFW -

Licenced
    Flame Toys Model kits - BWTF -
    Super 7 figurines & kits - BWTF -

According to TFW, the following toys were on display this year...

CYBERVERSE
    Scout class: Bumblebee, Starscream, Grimlock, and Megatron
    Warrior class: Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Starscream, and Shockwave
    Ultra class: Bumblebee, Grimlock, and Starscream
    Ultimate class: Optimus Prime and Megatron

POTP
    Prime Masters Bomb-Burst with Megatronus, Bludgeon with Quintus Prime, and Octopunch with Solus Prime
    Legends class Battleslash and Roadtrap, including their combined form Battletrap. Tailgate is also on display.
    Deluxe class Terrorcons and Voyager class Hun-Gurrr– including our first official look at the fully assembled Abominus.
    Voyager class Elita-1, Deluxe class Moonracer, and Deluxe class Novastar (Firestar).
    Leader class Optimus Primal
    Titan class PreadakingRazorclaw, Tantrum, Headstrong, Divebomb, and Rampage, with Onyx Prime.

MOVIE STUDIO SERIES
    Deluxe class 1967 Camaro Bumblebee, Crowbar, Ratchet, Stinger, Jazz, and Lockdown
    Voyager class Optimus Prime, Starscream, Revenge of the Fallen Megatron, and Brawl
    Leader class Blackout and Grimlock
    Movie Masterpiece Barricade and Ironhide are also on display

RESCUE BOTS
    Rescue Guard Bumblebee
    , a large scale toy who comes with two Mini-Cons and boasts “three ways to play”.
    Rescue Bots Rescan 2018 assortment, including a race car Heatwave, cement mixer Salvage, motorcycle Chase, and a redecoed VTOL Blades.
    Rescue Bots PVC figures, with non-poseable figures of the core four Rescue Bots, Optimus Prime, Quickshadow, and more.
    An awesome new Optimus Primal, complete with new Rescue Dinobot Minicons.
    An assortment of new Flipracers for 2018 – including roadstar versions of several characters including Optimus Prime, Chase, and Quickshadow.
    Last edited by griffin; 20th February 2018 at 08:45 PM.

On one of the tables for the Studio Series, there is a web address listed, which takes you to the Hasbro online store, where Americans can already buy the first four Deluxe toys, for US$20 each, with a limit of 2 per customer.

If it is immediate shipping, we should see the first fan reviews of these four in-hand within 2 days.

Studio series is of interest to me. It looks like an interesting mix of nifty remolds and new figures. Anymore on if this is getting local release? Would love to pick up Jazz and vintage Bee. Will probably get Blackout too.

Some of the stuff I can't really get into. I know they can't really do a line of figures without the iconic characters, but there's nothing I've seen from the Voyager Prime that looks like it out does any of that character's ROTF incarnations.

I'd also be interested in having a look at that Starscream - it looks like it upscales some of the engineering from the DOTM Deluxe figure with how the wings and cockpit transform. I can't say I'm too taken with it, but then the HFTD Leader Class is my favourite figure ever, so you know, high standards.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Well it sucks that Hasbro didn't show any POTP toys that weren't leaked last year.

On the plus side Predaking looks rather cartoon accurate for a Hasbro deco.

Studio Jazz looks totally new, I did not expect that. Also Firestar/Novastar looks fab, can’t wait.
    I’m impressed with abominus but predaking, not so much. The individual bot and alt modes seem a bit lacking. :/

And hey, Super7 finally did something with their TF license
    http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/02/17/t...evealed-358875

Some cute stuff there.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Not blown away by Predaking like I was with Devastator. Perhaps because it's not really that much of an upgrade given how outstanding G1 Predaking was a figure. In particular the torso is way too thin (reminiscent of Generations Metroplex).

Abominus looks great though.

The studio series looks quite impressive and seems not that far off Movie Masterpiece quality.

Love the look of the Studio Series. Grimlock in particular looks amazing, and I've got my eye on Blackout, Stinger, and Lockdown.

Jazz seems to borrow some engineering from the Human Alliance figure.

I had no plans to get into the Studio series but Blackout and RotF Megatron both look awesome. And if the finished product looks as good as that leader Grimlock it's a must for me too.

I'm probably like most people in that I'm not excited for Predaking as I was for CW Devastator. But there looks to be some interesting engineering going on, And love Hasui's head sculpts as always. Was hoping that Takara might throw in the swords, but with the current trend of TT's version having virtually no difference to the American version, I might just get the Hasbro version and be done with it.

I too was disinterested in the studio series and movie designs, but damn a lot of these look really good.

It's a shame we only got a few new things in POTP, but what we got looks nice.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    I
    I'm probably like most people in that I'm not excited for Predaking as I was for CW Devastator. But there looks to be some interesting engineering going on, And love Hasui's head sculpts as always. Was hoping that Takara might throw in the swords, but with the current trend of TT's version having virtually no difference to the American version, I might just get the Hasbro version and be done with it.
    Based on Hasbro's form, I bet there will be an SDCC Exclusive Predaking with the swords and perhaps some more metallic accents. We've seen similar things happen with Devastator, Fort Max and Metroplex.