Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vintage Transformer Liberation Thread.

Eep! I would've used a blade to open those carded G1s to preserve the card at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    Well you almost opened Countdown last week - you got to put his stickers on and put him together anyway.
    True. That was the closest I've come to opening a brand new G1 toy in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    And I know Mixmaster is universally acknowledged as a 1985 toy, but his packaging says 1984 so I thought maybe he'd been trapped in there since then.
    I suspect that 1984 would've been the year that the toy was patented/copyrighted, but it would've actually been manufactured and released in 1985. TF copyright stampage typically displays the previous year of when the toy was actually released.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUNDBLASTER
    I dont collect MISB G1 but if i ever did I would never open 1. I mean whats the point of paying the kinda money they demand just to be the 1st person to touch the toy since packaged when u can buy a loose toy for much much less for the same enjoyment the certain toy gives...
    Depends on the toy. With a lot of G2 toys it's much easier to find complete ones sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUNDBLASTER
    But in saying that all the newer toys that I buy I dont open and are all MISB apart from 2 or 3 from the universe 2.0 line. So bummer yes I 'll never get to play with some of them unless I find some cheaper ones down the line...

I really wanna open ROTF Ravage, Twins and Mixmaster but I cant bring myself to do it and they arent even 1 year old let alone 25...
    So just open them! They're way more fun to play with outside of their packaging IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Depends on the toy. With a lot of G2 toys it's much easier to find complete ones sealed.
    I beg to differ
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

The horror... the horror ! May Primus have mercy on your souls.

Seriously though, why not just keep them MIB and also buy a loose one ? That would look good on display.

but they do look good on display - out of their cardbacks, boxes, plastic cases and about buying a second loose one... erm that would be good for newer TFs as I dont see em fetching the insane prices like the G1's/G2 so you could prolly buy a gazillion (or as your wallet may permit) and display them in every altmode they have including a MISB/C one, but these ones we are opening are hard to acquire nowaadays in proper condition... would be such a shame never to fiddle with them and get them attain they're true purpose for creation - being ... a toy. Albeit since its us adults playing so they wont end up gnarlied with teeth marks or broken uselessly and then discarded as how toddlers or slightly older kids will do.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by AussieJason View Post
    The horror... the horror ! May Primus have mercy on your souls.

Seriously though, why not just keep them MIB and also buy a loose one ? That would look good on display.
    I'm not a 'display' person (in fact, I don't have any Transformers on display, per se. About six of them happen to be lying around on shelves at the moment, but that's just because I haven't put them away.) I like having mint toys, but because they're Transformers, they can't be truly appreciated while they're locked away in their MISPs. Transformers toys exist in four dimensions and for me, they cannot be fully appreciated unless they can be transformed, which requires them to be out of their packaging.

I'm surprised more people don't do this actually. Hmm... I guess some might freak out if I told them that I hypothetically may have spent about $300 on a C10 MISB of e-Hobby Dimension Exploration Researchers (GoBots) only to open them up this week. (And I don't feel bad about it at all - they're awesome! The crème de la crème of Minibots.)

Gad I wish I had your willpower, rather than a cupboard full of unopened figures....

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post

I'm surprised more people don't do this actually. Hmm... I guess some might freak out if I told them that I hypothetically may have spent about $300 on a C10 MISB of e-Hobby Dimension Exploration Researchers (GoBots) only to open them up this week. (And I don't feel bad about it at all - they're awesome! The crème de la crème of Minibots.)
    Id open em too if I got it especially for that amount... I didnt buy such an expensive toy just to have it sit there and look pretty... it can do that after Ive fiddled with it anyways... just save the packaging ( not that Id pop em back in hehehe)

What I wanna know is WHAT THE HELL is that blue COSMOS in that position for.. Is he drunk .

Quote Originally Posted by SOUNDBLASTER View Post
    What I wanna know is WHAT THE HELL is that blue COSMOS in that position for.. Is he drunk .
    Sadly, yes. Unfortunately, one problem with releasing MISP Transformers into the world is that they want to experience all the things they've missed while imprisoned. Pathfinder has already lapsed into energonolism. Fortunately, since this photo was taken, Pathfinder has joined Energonolics Anonymous and is now on the fourth step of the twelve-step program.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUNDBLASTER View Post
    He's wondering why Powerglide's hands are positioned the way they are.