Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 81823242526272829303132333848 ... LastLast

Thread: Maketoys

A very interesting response from eHobbyBase this morning...

Product page.

There's also a $20 off coupon (code: facebook20, via here) until the end of the month Final total cost is slightly dearer than RK.

Very interesting indeed. Maybe only TFsource is the one who needs to wait until the end of the month?

Robot kingdom has them as delayed until August as well.

Perhaps they found an issue after they had started shipping them to retailers?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Robot kingdom has them as delayed until August as well.

Perhaps they found an issue after they had started shipping them to retailers?
    Hmm.. if there was an issue, why wouldn't MakeToys recall them from all online retailers?

Maybe because eHobbyBase ordered in a smaller shipment from the others and got it first?

Peaugh's review mentioned that it's simply a case of the shipment being on it's way by boat, and that transit time is about 3 weeks.

I bought through TFSource simply because I had the option to pay upfront when the exchange rate was good, rather than being at the mercy of whatever it is at the time it arrives - it can make a big difference.

Little bit pissed about this delay though now that it turns out that other sites are getting theirs. Did TFSource maybe cheap out on their wholesale delivery options? Probably decided there was no need to race to have it in stock first since this thing will sell out pretty quickly everywhere anywhere. If that's the case, then it'll be the first and last time I buy through them - back to Robotkingdom from now on...

Just caved in and pre-ordered Green Giant from TF Source. It was a toss up between this and FP Bruticus, but I figured if I didn't get one new then the resale price on ebay and the like would go through the roof once it sells out everywhere.

Tried so hard to resist 3rd party toys... Oops I clicked the add to cart. Darn it now I clicked confirm and accidentally entered my password and pressed enter. Oh well, I can't cancel green giant now, that wouldn't be fair to get his hopes up and then let him down :-)

Quote Originally Posted by nofacej View Post
    Just caved in and pre-ordered Green Giant from TF Source. It was a toss up between this and FP Bruticus, but I figured if I didn't get one new then the resale price on ebay and the like would go through the roof once it sells out everywhere.
    Not a bad time to be buying a heap US Dollars

Just curious though, wouldn't it have been slightly cheaper to grab Green Giant from RK?

Quote Originally Posted by nofacej View Post
    Oh you know it man. FP Bruticus could've been picked up (as a complete set with Bruticus Maximus in retail) for $150 when it first came out. They're going for triple that amount now

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Not a bad time to be buying a heap US Dollars

Just curious though, wouldn't it have been slightly cheaper to grab Green Giant from RK?
    Some people prefer to pay a little more for better service and peace of mind, which is prob why they've opted for tfsource and BBTS.

^ That's why I order all my stuff from BBTS, especially more expensive pieces.