Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars Toyline: Rumors, Speculation, Ideas etc

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Yep, that's the one

CW Thundercracker and Skywarp are repaintts of the Thrilling 30 Starscream from 2013/14 (can't remember when)
    Oh yeh - I have him already

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Yep, that's the one

CW Thundercracker and Skywarp are repaintts of the Thrilling 30 Starscream from 2013/14 (can't remember when)
    TC makes a pretty reasonable chest piece for the Prime/Menasor mould so it's not out of the question that they could re-release Starscream to serve the same purpose. A red (Armada-style) repaint is a possibility.

So, with Groove announced for the Unite Warriors Defensor, we are only one limb away from a full set of four extras, who presumably would look lovely combined with Galvatronus.

So which of the rumoured/expected Combaticons will be replaced by a new member? Not Vortex for sure, not Swindle as he'd be easier to make out of Offroad, so either Brawl or Blastoff. It seems almost certain the replacement will be a retooled Aerialbot since plane is just about the only military vehicle not represented (unless Hasbro want to do a complete new tooling for a boat). And it's already been noted that Blastoff could easily be retooled from Alpha Bravo.

Or could Takara go all out and give us a true Maskerade Combiner? Somehow I can see Jazz coming out of Dead End and Sideswipe is obvious, but they'd still have to pull of a Windcharger somehow. But it does seem more likely gifen Takara's devotion to the G1 cartoon in recent years. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    So, with Groove announced for the Unite Warriors Defensor, we are only one limb away from a full set of four extras, who presumably would look lovely combined with Galvatronus.

So which of the rumoured/expected Combaticons will be replaced by a new member? Not Vortex for sure, not Swindle as he'd be easier to make out of Offroad, so either Brawl or Blastoff. It seems almost certain the replacement will be a retooled Aerialbot since plane is just about the only military vehicle not represented (unless Hasbro want to do a complete new tooling for a boat). And it's already been noted that Blastoff could easily be retooled from Alpha Bravo.

Or could Takara go all out and give us a true Maskerade Combiner? Somehow I can see Jazz coming out of Dead End and Sideswipe is obvious, but they'd still have to pull of a Windcharger somehow. But it does seem more likely gifen Takara's devotion to the G1 cartoon in recent years. Hmmm.
    I say Blast off would not be included with the Combaticons. If you look carefully at both the Combiner Wars and Kre-o, there is a bit of a pattern.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    I say Blast off would not be included with the Combaticons. If you look carefully at both the Combiner Wars and Kre-o, there is a bit of a pattern.
    I agree.
    Hasbro could easily remould Rook (a.k.a his new name Quarterback) as Brawl.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post

Given that there are 4 Autobot combiner limb deluxes already announced, with only Mirage represented from the "Masquerade" Autobots, I think it's unlikely.

Further, I think Windcharger would be the easiest retool, as G1 Sideswipe and Jazz both have "bonnet chests", while none of the toys already announced/released do.

Not sure if you can count the Kre-Os as a pattern, as each Kre-O combiner only had 4 of the 5 characters, rather than a replacement character like Alpha Bravo, Rook, and Offroad.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I hadn't noticed the same members were missing from the Kreon sets. It may just be a coincidence but that's kind of interesting. That could mean that yes Blast Off would be dropped for a new member. I personally hope for another new mould be character. But an aerialbot remould seems most likely.
    Then again I believe there were rumours that all 5 combaticons were getting made so, who knows.

If the kre-o sets are any indication that also hints at the potential dropped members for future combiners

computron: Nosecone
    Abominus: Blot
    Etc

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Not sure if you can count the Kre-Os as a pattern, as each Kre-O combiner only had 4 of the 5 characters, rather than a replacement character like Alpha Bravo, Rook, and Offroad.
    Well the conidence is also with which figures are missing.

Slingshot - Left Arm
    Wildrider - Left Leg
    Groove - Right Leg
    Blast Off - Right Arm

Sure Alpha Bravo was advertised as the Right Leg, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a new Combaticon.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Well the conidence is also with which figures are missing.

Slingshot - Left Arm
    Wildrider - Left Leg
    Groove - Right Leg
    Blast Off - Right Arm

Sure Alpha Bravo was advertised as the Right Leg, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a new Combaticon.
    I agree it's likely there will be an alternative Combaticon, but like Slingshot, Groove and Wildrider, they will likely also release the missing character in time. Sell more toys that way!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I agree it's likely there will be an alternative Combaticon, but like Slingshot, Groove and Wildrider, they will likely also release the missing character in time. Sell more toys that way!
    This feels oddly a Games Workshop move...
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera