Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thrilling 30 Wrap Up - Thoughts, Acquisitions etc

Megatran Guest

It would be interesting to know what Habro thinks of their Thrilling 30. I would love to be a fly on the wall for the post-launch review.

#4 - Platinum Edition Grimlock vs Bruticus
    #8 - Masterpiece Acid Storm
    #9 - Masterpiece Soundwave
    #12 - Platinum Edition (Masterpiece) Optimus Prime "Year of the Horse"
    #15 - Masterpiece Sunstorm
    #20 - Platinum Edition Breakout Battle
    #21 - Generations Leader Class Jetfire
    #23 - Optimus Prime Evolution (2-pack)
    #29 - Silver Knight Optimus Prime/Grimlock

Definitely have buyers remorse about #4 (Bruticus is pretty flimsy) and #29 (had no need for the Grimlock but wanted it in the sale, but did sell SK OP to fellow OTCA-an). #s 20 and 23 were bought purely for the AOE Evasion Mode sculpt (with the added bonus of #23 giving me another version of the 2006 Classics sculpt).

Regrets are all FOC Grimlock related in retrospect. Funny that - I feel the same way about the original FOC Grimlock too!

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Regrets are all FOC Grimlock related in retrospect. Funny that - I feel the same way about the original FOC Grimlock too!
    Sadly, I have to agree... I really tried to like FOC Grimlock, really really tired. I even bought #29 - Silver Knight Optimus Prime/Grimlock as well, but I ended up being more impressed with the deluxe Optimus than Grimlock.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Sadly, I have to agree... I really tried to like FOC Grimlock, really really tired. I even bought #29 - Silver Knight Optimus Prime/Grimlock as well, but I ended up being more impressed with the deluxe Optimus than Grimlock.
    I own three versions of that mould and still don't like it. Yet, like a moth to a flame...

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    I own three versions of that mould and still don't like it. Yet, like a moth to a flame...
    The robot mode looks good, but the beast mode is a complete let down... Grimlock is a T-Rex and thats how he should be displayed

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    The robot mode looks good, but the beast mode is a complete let down... Grimlock is a T-Rex and thats how he should be displayed
    The robot mode looks good from particular angles. The legs from behind? Not so much.

I honestly expect I'll be selling off some of my CHUG stuff sometime next year, when I've moved house and consolidated stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    My final score was 1/30. I guess I'm bad at this game

Can't say that anything really tickled my fancy except for Soundwave.
    Dammit you beat me, I was aiming for the lowest score.

Was avoiding this marketing ploy like the plague ebola people with whooping cough on the trains leprosy but still ended up with 3/30 -- Soundwave, Jetfire, Windblade.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Well thanks to the wife (and Trent who picked him up for us - thanks big fella!) I can add one more to my list this Xmas morn:

*Merry Xmas!*

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Dammit you beat me, I was aiming for the lowest score.

Was avoiding this marketing ploy like the plague ebola people with whooping cough on the trains leprosy but still ended up with 3/30 -- Soundwave, Jetfire, Windblade.
    I nearly picked up Windblade and I must say Metroplex tempted me, but yeah, if not for Soundwave coming with all the cassettes and making it MUCH better value than the Takara version, my score would have been 0/30.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

My personal final wrap-up of the final wrap-up of the Thrilling 30

1 - GENERATIONS TITAN CLASS METROPLEX - SDCC EDITIO
    N - had the Generations version so didn't bother

2 - PRIME BEAST HUNTERS SHOCKWAVE’S LAB (w/ Predaking) - SDCC EDITION - Had the Tak/Tom version of Shockwave so didn't bother

3 - PLATINUM EDITION ULTRA MAGNUS got on sale discounted TICK

4 - PLATINUM EDITION GRIMLOCK VS. BRUTICUS Set (FALL OF CYBERTRON) - already had 1 version of Grimlock and 2 versions of Bruticus so didn't bother

5 - GENERATIONS TITAN CLASS METROPLEX - HK Ani-Con & Game Convention Edition
    - had the Generations version so didn't bother

6 - PRIME BEAST HUNTERS SHOCKWAVE’S LAB (w/ Predaking
    ) - Tried to buy through the Hasbro website and they wouldn't deliver to Australia Gave up and bought the Tak/Tom Voyager Shockwave

7 - PRIME BEAST HUNTERS ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME
    - One of the very few toys I didn't already have on the list and still didn't buy as thought he looked silly with that stargate looking thing on his back

8 - MASTERPIECE ACID STORM - ToysRUs Exclusive
    - deal just fell through with fellow Ozformer so spending that bit more and getting him through BBTS

9 - MASTERPIECE SOUNDWAVE Set (5 cassettes) - ToysRUs Exclusive - grabbed for me by an American friend TICK

10 - PLATINUM EDITION PREDAKING Set - already had the 20th Anniversary version

11 - CONSTRUCT-BOTS PREDACONS RISING PREDAKING
    - Na, didn't like it

12 - PLATINUM EDITION Year of the Horse OPTIMUS PRIME
    - already had the regular version

13 - PLATINUM EDITION Year of the Horse Supreme STARSCREAM - already had the Cybertron version

14 - TF4 AOE FIRST EDITION Optimus Prime
    - Na, didn't like it

14 - TF4 3-pack Stinger, Bumblebee, Strafe - already had better versions of the figures

15 - MASTERPIECE MP-05 Sunstorm - ToysRUs Exclusive TICK (thanks Trent!)

16 - Protectobots Evac Squad (Hotspot, Blades) - just awful! The GDO Hot Spot kicks this Hot Spots butt. You can now pick it up for $13 on Amazon and still don't want it. Already had both molds anyway.

17 - Protectobots Emergency Response
    (First Aid, Groove, Streetsmart) - picked up for $10 on Amazon TICK

18 - TF4 AOE VOYAGER Slog (Generation One deco to match SDCC 4-pack) Amazon Exclusive - may pick up if the price significantly drops down the line as seems to happen with a lot of Amazon exclusives

19 - Knights of Unicron (Optimus, Megatron, Jazz, Soundwave w/ Ratbat & Laserbeak) - SDCC - would have loved this but just too expensive

20 - TF4 AOE PLATINUM EDITION Breakout Battle (Optimus Prime, Vehicon, Rollbar) - already had other versions of the characters and just that bit too expensive

21 - GENERATIONS Jetfire - technically I got the Tak/Tom version but I'm still saying TICK

22 - TF4 EVOLUTIONS Bumblebee - ToysRUs Exclusive - already had other versions of the character

23 - TF4 EVOLUTIONS Optimus Prime - ToysRUs Exclusive - already had other versions of the character

24 - TF4 EVOLUTIONS Grimlock - ToysRUs Exclusiv
    e - a possible buy down the track if it significantly drops in price

25 - TF4 EVOLUTIONS Dinobot Slug - ToysRUs Exclusive - already had other versions of the character

26 - TF4 EVOLUTIONS Strafe - ToysRUs Exclusive - already had other versions of the character

27 - MASTERPIECE MP-04 Prowl - ToysRUs Exclusive - - technically I got the Tak/Tom version but I'm still saying TICK

28 - TF4 SMASH & CHANGE Silver Knight Optimus Prime
    - Na, didn't like it

28 - TF4 PLATINUM EDITION Silver Knight Optimus Prime - Target Exclusive
    - Na, didn't like it

29 - PLATINUM DLX (TF3) Silver Knight Optimus & VOY (FOC) Grimlock - Target Exclusive - like most got on sale fairly cheaply - TICK

30 - GENERATIONS Windblade
    - TICK

Geez Hasbo, if you had given us a bunch of new figures instead of rehashes of already released toys or not different versions of movie characters you had already released that year think how much more money you could have made out of me