Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: What TFs do you wanna see get a Generations toy?

Or the Skyhammer/Helicopter Drift would work for Rotorstorm
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Or the Skyhammer/Helicopter Drift would work for Rotorstorm
    Altmode yes, bot mode, not so sure - Rotorstorm to me is defined by the cockpit chest, but, on the otherhand, there is the Botcon Machine Wars Sandstorm out of that mould, and the original MW release was a repaint of Rotorstorm, so I guess it kind of works if you think about it that way.

Seibertron stole your thread idea UG:

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...ade-yet/32927/

I agree with their Sky Lynx, Elita-1 and definitely the Dinobots assesments. The others I don't really care about, though they do make a good point about Black Arachnia. Toy looks nothing like the character - just a shame that the femmebot toy thats probably got the biggest rack (see the article pics - dont blame me - it's stupidly huge ) is also as ugly as sin! The Lola Ferarri of the TF world

They'll never stop at one! (of our topics)

I'll take them all one!

-Awesome beat down-

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Some of the pretender inner robots could benefit from a design do'over.
    That and some elbow and knee joints.

Moonracer and Firestar. Also Generations Arcee repainted as Paradron Medic.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    It seems this is being discussed everywhere. Seibertron even had it as a news item this morning.

But my two cents:

Wave 1:
    Deluxe Blackarachnia
    Deluxe Terrorsaur
    Deluxe Scorponok
    Deluxe Cheetor
    Voyager Megatron
    Voyager Dinobot

Wave 2:
    Deluxe Tarantulas (Retool of Blackarachnia)
    Deluxe Tigatron (Retool of Cheetor)
    Voyager Grimlock (Repaint of Dinobot)

Wave 3:
    Deluxe Airazor
    Deluxe Lazorbeak (Repaint of Terrorsaur)
    Deluxe Buzz Saw (Repaint of Waspinator)
    Deluxe Windblade (Repaint of Airazor (Like Hasbro wouldn't do it))
    Voyager Inferno
    Voyager Optimus Primal

3 waves and Hasbro will never hear a bad word said about them by a Beast Wars fan ever again.
    I don't know, I'd have a few issues with this list

mostly it is exactly what I would want. but I'd prefer if Tigatron was made first as a new mould then cheetor was the remould
    I don't see the need for Inferno to be a voyager, yeah his old toy was big but in the show he was around the same height as waspinator and the spiders.
    I don't really like the idea of toy only repaint characters like buzzsaw but they're probably inevitable. I'd prefer a few later season beast wars characters though, like a voyager depth charge and rampage. or a deluxe quickstrike. plus maybe make it a tribute to the whole beast era and include new toys for BM Nightscream (deluxe) Silverbolt (Deluxe or voyager) and maybe thrust (legends?) and Jetstorm (Voyager?)

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    I don't know, I'd have a few issues with this list

mostly it is exactly what I would want. but I'd prefer if Tigatron was made first as a new mould then cheetor was the remould
    I don't see the need for Inferno to be a voyager, yeah his old toy was big but in the show he was around the same height as waspinator and the spiders.
    I don't really like the idea of toy only repaint characters like buzzsaw but they're probably inevitable. I'd prefer a few later season beast wars characters though, like a voyager depth charge and rampage. or a deluxe quickstrike. plus maybe make it a tribute to the whole beast era and include new toys for BM Nightscream (deluxe) Silverbolt (Deluxe or voyager) and maybe thrust (legends?) and Jetstorm (Voyager?)
    Discussion! Wonderful!

Tigatron: Given that Tigatron was just revealed on the cover of August's Windblade Comic, you may very well get your wish (if this is a sign of future Beast Wars figures of course). Ideally, Cheetor and Tigatron would get their own individual molds (same with Tarantulas and Black Arachnia) but with them both being big cats, it made sense for them to be repaint/retools of each other. I chose Cheetor to be the original because I figured it'd be easier to bulk up a toy (to Tigatron's white tiger) than to try and slim one down (to something resembling a cheetah) -- but if it could be done, then by all means give us Tigatron first

Inferno: I've always used this image as reference for Predacon sizes...

And as such, Inferno is noticeably taller than Waspinator and Scorponok. (Some would then argue that Terrorsaur could be a Voyager too, but they're insane).

Buzzsaw and Repaints: This was to flesh out the waves and help Hasbro recoup money after having to design so many stand-alone molds. Guys like Rhinox, Inferno and Optimus Primal have no obvious repaints (beyond pointless BotCon characters), so repainting guys like Waspinator into Buzzsaw and Dinobot into Grimlock (as per the original toys) made sense. Otherwise, Hasbro could fill up the waves with G2 repaints of Combiner Wars figures.

Season 2 and 3: As a possible tie-in to the Comics, I think the notion of Transmetals and Transmetal 2's would be troublesome. Would there be ways around it? Of course. We already know Fuzors exist in the IDW-verse, but if you're going to have Beasts in the comics, wouldn't it be better to keep them fury and scaly, rather than metallic? Also, bots like Depth Charge and Rampage don't need a new toy. Their original figures are absolutely sublime. Would I be up for a new Silverbolt and Quickstike though? Absolutely.

Beast Machines: No.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Moonracer and Firestar. Also Generations Arcee repainted as Paradron Medic.
    Yes, Yes, Yes! More fem-bots!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

They should make a REALLLLLYYYYYY big Fort Max update.