Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars animated series by Machinima

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Beast Wars still reigns supreme as the best TF screen story ever written IMHO.
    THIS. Also, the animation for BW was Incredible for it's time, and actually won a (Daytime) Emmy in '97. Sure, it looks dated now, but a CGI series on TV didn't really exist back in '96 (Except for reboot, which was also done by mainframe)

If it is something like the IDW comics in animated guise; with similar subject matter, i'll be a very happy man indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    "...a totally new kind of Transformers animation—one that, for the first time ever, is specifically designed for the teen and adult fans who’ve grown up loving the Transformers brand.”

I thought that was the point of TF Prime?
    Think of the GI Joe webseries written by Warren Ellis years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    The only let down of Beast Wars was the animation. I liked the story and the first time I saw Dinobot die I cried (this was on re-runs)
    As TAAUBlaster and RayRay84 have said, BW's CGI animation was cutting edge for its time, and indeed it did win a Daytime Emmy for its visual effects (the only other Emmy winning TF series was TF Prime). The off the shelf software actually wasn't capable to handling what Mainframe's animators had to do, so they re-wrote the software in order to increase its rendering capacity! (this is explained in the Madman DVD special features ) Also, character-driven story-telling trumps visual effects (as any fan of the Original Star Wars Trilogy over the Prequels will tell you ).

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Think of the GI Joe webseries written by Warren Ellis years ago.
    G.I. Joe: Resolute, right? I always felt that this format could work for Classicsverse.

Yeah, it was good for the time. From someone who saw Cybertron and Armada and even the G1 Movie first it was a bit of a let down for me. As I said, I like Beast Wars, it's just the animation didn't really do it for me.

But you know what you guys have made be want to do?

Buy some Beast Wars figures.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Beast Wars toys continue to astound me. I was recently playing with Ultra Class T-Rex Megatron and noticed that some of the design/engineering features of that toy are used in contemporary Masterpiece TFs! A simply ground-breaking toyline for its time that just set the standard for Transformers ever since.

Yeah, I just updated my wants list
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I love Beast Wars, but getting the thread back on track.

I am going to start to speculate of the list of characters, and who I would like to see.

We know the usual suspects will be there Bruticus, Devastator, Menasor, Superion, Defensor. I am hoping that we will get to see Predaking, he did just get inducted into the TF hall of fame.

Will we see Galvatronus, Optimus Supreme, Sky Reign or Victoritron?

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    We know the usual suspects will be there Bruticus, Devastator, Menasor, Superion, Defensor. I am hoping that we will get to see Predaking, he did just get inducted into the TF hall of fame.

We'll probably see all of them at some point or another.

Hopefully we will see Galvatronus, Ultra Prime or the other new combiners, because it would be nice to see the new combiners fleshed out a bit and given a bit of backstory. Also, the idea of Cyclonus being able to mind control/force other bots to combine with him would be a pretty cool idea to bring to life. Let's just hope they've got some good writers.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I love Beast Wars, but getting the thread back on track.

I am going to start to speculate of the list of characters, and who I would like to see.

Don't think we will see Predaking and Omega Supreme - I think they will stick with big bots they are releasing/have released toys for. Right now they are saying that the CW/CHUG toyline will be the main inspiration along with the Devastation game, with currently-in-use IDW comic cast as more background characters.