Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii MEGATHREAD!

Default Nintendo Wii MEGATHREAD!

OTCA's Nintendo Wii MEGATHREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Taken off Wikipedia article
    The Wii (pronounced as the English pronoun we, IPA: /wiː/) is a home video game console released by Nintendo. A distinguishing feature of the console is its wireless controller, the Wii Remote, which can be used as a handheld pointing device and detect movement in three dimensions. Another distinctive feature of the console is WiiConnect24, which enables it to receive messages and updates over the Internet while in standby mode.[7]

As a seventh-generation console, the Wii primarily competes with Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3. Nintendo states that its console targets a broader demographic than that of both.[8] The Financial Times reported that as of September 12, 2007, the Wii is the sales leader of its generation, based on sales figures from Enterbrain, NPD Group, and GfK.[9]

The Wii is Nintendo's fifth home console, the direct successor to the Nintendo GameCube, and able to play all official GameCube games. Nintendo first spoke of the console at the 2004 E3 press conference and later unveiled the system at the 2005 E3. Satoru Iwata revealed a prototype of the controller at the September 2005 Tokyo Game Show.[10] At E3 2006, the console won the first of several awards.[11] By December 8, 2006, it had completed its launch in four key markets.
    Links of interest:

I recently bought myself a Nintendo Wii and have noticed that there are quite a few Wii owners here on the forums so I thought a general Wii thread was due.

So here's OTCA's Nintendo Wii MEGATHREAD!

Share news on upcoming games, thoughts and comments, recent purchases, good bargains/sales and any other general Wii related discussion.

http://catalogues.bigw.com.au/portal...two&gotopage=1

Noticed Big W has a pretty awesome sale on Wii games.

Probably going to pick up Super Paper Mario and Mario Galaxy both at $59.98, also No More Heroes at $38.84 is extremely tempting.

Those are very cheap prices for great games. I highly reccomend Mario Galaxy and No More Heroes. Super Paper Mario is ok. But it's a little tepid and not a scratch on The Thousand Year Door on Gamecube. Even the N64 Paper Mario that is available on the Virtual Console is a good start.

Speaking of VC. Make sure to check out Megaman 9 and Lost Winds.

i though mario galaxy was fair meh. so repetitive. but hey thats just me
    i would recomend smash bros. lots of replayability, but then again i never play my wii these days

To be honest I don't really like the Wii's, they are fun in a group kind of thing, like singstar or buzz etc, but when I'm by myself I'd much rather play PS2/3 or PC, even N64, but thats just me..

I thought Mario Galaxy was good at the start but yeah as Blackie said, gets pretty repetitive...

Super Smash Bros is a great game, loved it when I first played it on the N64, and love the Wii version nowadays

I was thinking of grabbing 2 Wii point cards.
    They are usually 1000points for $15, so 4000 for $50 is a pretty good deal. Saves about 10 bucks.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

If you can, buy Wii points directly online, EB and JB sell the cards for $35 for 2000 points, whereas you can get 3000 for $45 online.

I loved Galaxy, it's a fun game thats gets slightly more difficult as the game progresses, and collecting those purple stars is a right royal pain.
    For multiplayer you cant go past Brawl, MarioKart and Warioware.

I also recommend hunting down Excite Truck, that is one of my top 3 racing games, I'm forever going back and playing it again.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Those are some cheap games. The Wii in New Zealand is pushed over to the corner sadly in favour of Xbox 360 and PS3. Accessories and games are so over priced as well.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

What do I need to purchase if I want to take my Wii online?

unlike the xbox, there is no subscription thing, ala xbox live.
    all you need is a wireless network and a wii
    if you want to buy games for the VC then you will need wii points, which can also get you some snazzy apps, such as a web browser etc

i think thats it...