Thread: How to spot a KO Laserbeak?

Question How to spot a KO Laserbeak?

anyone know how to spot a KO Laserbeak?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/transform...item3cbca014ae

i want to start collecting all the cassettes but im scared of getting a fake. Can anyone tell just by looking at these photos?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reflector View Post
    With your eyes.

</smart.alec>
    I personally don't know, but perhaps you can find the answer here. Good luck.

The HighEnd website is one that has a bit about the KO Cassettes. Try there first.

I've also updated our own links guide for spotting fakes, which can be found in the Matrix.

Be careful of Ratbat and Frenzy 2 packs is all I can add. Got burned with that one myself. Ratbat has silver weapons and Frenzy's package graphic has gold weapons. Also His stickers fall off when you look at them.

What size class is TM2 Blackarachnia? I can't find any information about it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The HighEnd website is one that has a bit about the KO Cassettes. Try there first.

I've also updated our own links guide for spotting fakes, which can be found in the Matrix.
    Thanks Griffin, i did some reading but there doesnt seem to be anyway to tell without buying the figure and inspecting it closely so im not gonna worry about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Reflector View Post

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/transform...item3cbca014ae

i want to start collecting all the cassettes but im scared of getting a fake. Can anyone tell just by looking at these photos?

Any help is appreciated, thanks
    Honestly, spotting fake loose Cassettrons are quite difficult these days, unless you really ask the seller close ups of every angle of the toy. My advice is get the Encore releases. That way your sure you get original toys and since your collecting the cassettes anyways, the Encore line has sets of em - so you can basically get 4 at one go - which is good and dont have to worry about getting a fake. Also you wont have to go have a hard time getting/ looking around for individual tapes

Encore 15 : comes with Buzzsaw, Ravage, Eject and Rewind
    Encore 17 : comes with RatBat, Ramhorn, Steeljaw and Slugfest
    Encore 19 : comes with Rumble, Frenzy, Overkill and Laserbeak

So the only ones missing are the combiner tapes - Grand Slam and Raindance, Beastbox and Squawktalk - which will be the only ones you'll have to worry about looking for.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Honestly, spotting fake loose Cassettrons are quite difficult these days, unless you really ask the seller close ups of every angle of the toy. My advice is get the Encore releases. That way your sure you get original toys and since your collecting the cassettes anyways, the Encore line has sets of em - so you can basically get 4 at one go - which is good and dont have to worry about getting a fake. Also you wont have to go have a hard time getting/ looking around for individual tapes

Encore 15 : comes with Buzzsaw, Ravage, Eject and Rewind
    Encore 17 : comes with RatBat, Ramhorn, Steeljaw and Slugfest
    Encore 19 : comes with Rumble, Frenzy, Overkill and Laserbeak

So the only ones missing are the combiner tapes - Grand Slam and Raindance, Beastbox and Squawktalk - which will be the only ones you'll have to worry about looking for.
    If you went with the Encore and didn't want the rest, I'd probably be interested. My Rumble's a bit play-worn (from me as a kid), and I know I wanted another Frenzy for some reason. I don't think I have Overkill either.