Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece MP-08X Grimlock Reissue!

I am glad more people get to own this figure. It is beautiful and so is the box (imo G2 Sideswipe should have been packaged or even coloured similarly).

Many people hated this deco when it originally came out and i am not going to lie, i got some small joy as this ugly duckling became a revered figure. I think now is the time for more people to feel that joy. He is beautiful, do not miss this.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Megatran Guest

The first run had the unfortunate spelling on the box Alleg iance . Something you expect from a KO. Hopefully this will be fixed for the second run.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Great to those who have yet to secure an MP-8X King Grimlock.

Timing isn't something I'm good at. I purchased the Asian Exclusive MP Grimlock only to find out some months later that the 30th Anniversary logo MP Grimlock reissue was to be released (& bought that one as well ).

I feel sorry for the guy who just very recently spent US$770 for the first run.

Looks like I'll be taking mine off the Sales thread.
    If you are still desperately wanting to get rid of it at a good price, pop it on ebay ASAP for $400-500 BIN and you might get someone who doesn't know about the re-release, or wants the original (as the reissues can often still be different).

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If you are still desperately wanting to get rid of it at a good price, pop it on ebay ASAP for $400-500 BIN and you might get someone who doesn't know about the re-release, or wants the original (as the reissues can often still be different).
    I think Gokitmus and I are the only people who don't use eBay.

I'm alright to keep mine thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    The first run had the unfortunate spelling on the box Alleg iance . Something you expect from a KO. Hopefully this will be fixed for the second run.
    Wow, i didn't know that. I will look for it next time I get at that box.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Incredibly stoked about this, it's been the holy grail of my MP collection next to the gold MP-01 (which I will never get my hands on).

Do we know if this will be a Hasbro HK reissue or Takara reissue?

And for anyone scoffing at the $260 price tag keep in mind this version of Grimlock had a limited first run and cost about the same first time round. He also was over $1000 MISB on ebay till this reissue was announced. I know some very happy people that he is being reissued. I'll get him myself as I always intended to get MP-08X to have in robot mode next to my MP-08 in dino mode.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    24 left!!!
    Still 24 left when I checked it now. Interesting.

Something that I have read is that the latest reissue of Grimlock is suffering some mould degradation, mainly in the shoulder ball joints. A few people on TFW have complained about their Hasbro Asia Grimlock not being able to keep his arms raised.

I do not know whether this is fact or exaggeration or what. Just something I read. Anyone have the Hasbro Asia version and can confirm/rebuke?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Megatran Guest

^ Both my Asia Cybertron Con Exclusive & 30th anniversary logo MP Grimlock don't have shoulder issues with the ball joint. Grimmy can hold his sword & gun, arms raised or other fancy arm poses.

Instead, the hip joints are not as tight as I would like.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Still 24 left when I checked it now. Interesting.
    Ultra Marginal pointed it out a short while ago - BbTS now show remaining their remaining stock as 24 across the board, even though they may have a quantity greater than that.