Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: New generations figures

Arcee and Powerglide look terrific, and I'm happy about Bombshell but they better complete the set with Kickback now. Brainstorm and G1 Megatron are must gets too.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    16 new Deluxe Figures ... with possible common theme of Combiners ...

Well, that rules Beast Wars out then. Enjoy your Superion, Devastator and Menasor.
    Of course the combiners could include Prowl, Ironhide and Silverbolt?

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Am I imagining it or does Chromia borrow heavily from RiD Arcee? I mean look at the torso and feet.

After a closer second look, i'm convinced by her alt mode. With the knees tucked in and arms straight down the sides in a sort of foetal position, she is a heavily retooled Arcee mold where the biggest difference is the back kibble.
    It looks like a majorly retooled FE Arcee. I don't know if I want it now.
    But definitely so far:
    -DLX Arcee (I'm in love)
    -Legends Bombshell
    -Legends Thundercracker (looks way better than SS)
    -Legends Windcharger
    -Legends Powerglide
    -Legends Cliffjumper
    -Leader Megatron
    -Voyager Brainstorm (HEAD ON!)

Voyager Optimus looks really bad to me. Megatron, though not as IDW as I'd like is still looking really good. Brainstorm and Arcee are to die for. The alt modes are so GEEWUN. Bombshell and Powerglide are really good as well. They're starting to go for more and more G1 alt modes.

Holy hell, did someone say combiners?!? Superion, Devastator and Menasor are MINE. We always have SDCC to reveal them and a Titan Trypticon. If they could put some attachment ports on the team leaders (Silverbolt, Motormaster) that could attach to Metroplex and a future Trypticon, that would be great. Come to think of it, having two of the Scramble City combiners' leaders would be a great selling point for a new Trypticon and Gens Metroplex.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Brianstorm and Arcee are perfect. (The rest are pretty ordinary.)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Of course the combiners could include Prowl, Ironhide and Silverbolt?
    Indeed, it could. But given they (as Magnaboss) have never had any western media time, it's highly doubtful given the backlog of G1 combiners that are waiting to be done properly that we'd see such an obscure character being given an updated toy, and especially one that would require so much work and have basically zero scope of being repainted.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    And the only problem with this now is that the Hasbro versions will be compared and judged by the previous 3rd party versions. So they are bound to be hated/criticised before they are even released.
    The inevitable comparisons really won't bother me all that much. I find paying $500 for a third party combiner more insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    The inevitable comparisons really won't bother me all that much. I find paying $500 for a third party combiner more insulting.
    ^This. $100 a pop for one deluxe sized figure is outrageous. I'm really glad if they can pump something pretty good out for a good price. I hope they're available in a giftset, as well as separately. I'd prefer a giftset myself, just for the ease of getting them all.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I really want to like that voyager optimus, but.... ugh. Maybe a head swap with a better looking optimus might make it better?

Wow, so that was a huge onslaught of news. Never thought I'd see a G1 Arcee as long as I lived
    Combiners are great news, but any excitement has been dampened by no mention of Beast Wars. The way they are talking, it seems likely we won't see any until 2016.
    New Prime and Megs look a bit crap... too simplistic for the size classes in a Generations line perhaps?

That Brainstorm! I'd been um-ing and ahh-ing over those 3rd party offerings but I'm glad I resisted, he looks so good! Loving his face sculpt. I'm all over these IDW inspired figures. Chromia too. It was clever of them to reuse the Arcee mould like that, I wonder if the canopy shield she uses in the comic can come off and be held? That would be a neat touch. They show her with it a lot in the comic so I'd say fair possibility.

Even some of the movie line has gotten me interested. That Break-out Battle 3 pack has a pretty sweet recolour of the Skids mould I'd like to get my hands on and who can say that Evasion Prime doesn't look better then the 1st release? I'm digging it.

The only things I'm not too keen on are that Leader Megatron (I was hoping for an IDW style) and the Arcee. After the G1 movie I drifted from TF's and didn't come back until Beast Wars, so I missed most of her.

I like the chunky Voyager Prime but will probably pass on him as he doesn't really fit in with other classics.

If there's more Titan class TFs in the offing, my guess would be for a Metroplex repaint ahead of Trypicon. Not my preference, just what I guess will happen. I had better get my Metrotitan finished and sold before there's an announcement!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!