Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MakeToys - Pandinus (Concept Drawings)

Default MakeToys - Pandinus (Concept Drawings)

These pics were brought to my attention by @Hardreturn via Twitter; according to its designation number, this will be the next entry in MakeToy's "Citybot" line:
    (I've provided colour-inverted versions (White Background), if it helps some )

It looks like this bloke is a ways off in development, so we probably wont see much about him for another year or so, but if this thing is to be anywhere akin to the size & scale that their upcoming Metroplex is meant to be? - I'm sorry PerfectEffect, I'll be going with this one easily!

His name is Pandinus.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Woah. That's some nice detail on that design. And there will be room in my collection for both this and PE's.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    His name is Pandinus.
    Ah! - Hadn't seen that they'd put that up; Cheers mate, I'll ask a mod to change the thread title accordingly.

That's okay. Their English language website only launched yesterday.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    That's okay. Their English language website only launched yesterday.
    Yeah I thought that must've been the case because I was linked to it yesterday via Twitter but when I went to go back to it later in the day it had been taken down - Regardless, they've got some amazing things planned for the future and I cant wait! to see Pandinus rendered in 3 Dimensional plastic!

With two third-party offerings out there, I'm glad I didn't put my money down for Botcon Scorponok yet. So far I'm leaning on PE Deathstalker because the robot mode silhouette looks like it resembles Scorponok's comic incarnation. Pandinus' bent knees and giant shoulders give him a less-intellectual look.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    With two third-party offerings out there, I'm glad I didn't put my money down for Botcon Scorponok yet. So far I'm leaning on PE Deathstalker because the robot mode silhouette looks like it resembles Scorponok's comic incarnation. Pandinus' bent knees and giant shoulders give him a less-intellectual look.
    Different beasts. PE's will supposedly follow Warden and be more or less based of IDW with some added extras.

Pandinus will be a city bot.

You have room for both
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Different beasts. PE's will supposedly follow Warden and be more or less based of IDW with some added extras.

You have room for both
    Have to agree there, in the cartoon Scorponok was a lumbering giant cityformer of limited intellect, in the comic he was an above average sized Decpticon leader of significant to incredible intellect. So I do see a place for both toys as homage to the varied portrayals of Scorponok.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post

You have room for both
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Have to agree there, in the cartoon Scorponok was a lumbering giant cityformer of limited intellect, in the comic he was an above average sized Decpticon leader of significant to incredible intellect. So I do see a place for both toys as homage to the varied portrayals of Scorponok.
    That's playing a dangerous game with the missus!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!